Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Spyderco Resilience

OP what will be its primary use (honest)?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    OP what will be its primary use (honest)?
    It's already bought.
    #RESIST

You'll be happy with it. The Chinese Spydercos are really good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I agree, you'll like it a lot. I love the way the blade comes right down to the grip - you get loads of cutting edge, with that extremely controllable section for reverse-grip paring type functions right where a big useless choil would be on a lot of knives.

There's a lot of good stuff you can say about it as a knife, I find mine incredibly handy. It's big, that's the only thing I can really see as a technical issue. If you have small hands it would be hard to manipulate, I guess. But the knife itself is very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    I have been carrying Delicas in one form or another since about 1995.
    Same here, but I’ve carried the exact same Gen 1 Delica(C11SAF) since I bought it new all those years ago.

It’s made in China. That’s really the only reason one needs not to buy it.

Personally, I love Spyderco’s but I am done buying any knives made in China and don’t want to give money to their government.

If you really want a Spyderco I would save for a golden,Co one or go with an American produced knife.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
    Same here, but I’ve carried the exact same Gen 1 Delica(C11SAF) since I bought it new all those years ago.
    Was that the one with the plastic clip? I acquired one in the Spring of 1995 and lost it in the back of a New York City cab sometime in 1998. A few years later in 2001, I took the Insights Training Center Defensive Folding knife class, which led me to acquire a pair of the next generation ones with the reversible clips and nondescript periwinkle handles. I still have those.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Was that the one with the plastic clip? I acquired one in the Spring of 1995 and lost it in the back of a New York City cab sometime in 1998. A few years later in 2001, I took the Insights Training Center Defensive Folding knife class, which led me to acquire a pair of the next generation ones with the reversible clips and nondescript periwinkle handles. I still have those.
    Yes, it has the integral clip. It’s the thicker variation which I’ve never had any problems with myself although there were many reports about them breaking and losing tension. It also has a G2/Gin-1 black coated blade and I also have its Endura counterpart(C10SAF). I have quite a few Gen 1 Spyderco’s NIB, but those two are the only ones I use and carry.

On the Resiliance, do the screws that attache the clip thread into the metal liner, or the plastic scales?

I carried a Griptillian for over 10 years. I suspect I left it in a rental car.* Since then I've been toting a cheap import waved Kershaw. I actually don't mind it but after about six months the screws that thread into the plastic handle are loose, and un-tightenable.

* The two 20 year old guys at the rental car place disavowed any knowledge of finding my $100 knife...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    On the Resiliance, do the screws that attach the clip thread into the metal liner, or the plastic scales?
    Metal Liner:
    Name:  20200430_203619.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  52.7 KB

User Tag List