Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Spyderco Resilience

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think I've been mocked...by the Dude...
    Absolutely or. I just find it easier to drop $57 on an impulse purchase than twice as much.
    #RESIST

The Golden Spydercos are a great bargain. I love the Manix...the Caged Ball Lock is pure genius. So slick, easy to open while being incredibly durable.

The Golden Natives and Paras are also great knives for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Absolutely or. I just find it easier to drop $57 on an impulse purchase than twice as much.
    Just cut back on the bidets, generators, harbor freight gear for a couple hours and it'll pay for itself.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I carry one daily as my main utility knife. Country of origin aside, from a purely utilitarian perspective I love it. Today I try to prioritize gear built in ally countries but then, I'm also the sole income earner in my family so I get having to make those choices.

Anyway it's an excellent knife. I love the shallow, flat grind. Slices like crazy.Name:  IMG_20200429_202629.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  36.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about a Manix 2 LW in P-F Orange? A little more $, though.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyder...t-Ball--106181

Attachment 53070
    Yeah, get this one. I have one, it's great.

I'm a huge Spyderco fan , ever since buying my first Delica in 2000. But I won't buy their imported knives.

Student
    Not really a knife guy. But I do carry this one for utility.

https://quietcarry.com/collections/the-chase

Site Supporter
    I have a Tenacious, slightly smaller than the Resilience. It is an excellent knife at a great price. It lives in my hiking/hunting pack. Slices great, good steel, strong knife.

I also have a Manix that I got LNIB from an estate liquidation sale. I don’t know if I would have spent the money for it at retail, but it is a great knife, too. And it has a really cool lock, in an interesting steel.

All that said, I usually carry the Sage Titanium Sidheshooter sold me a few years ago. More appropriate for the environment I work in and clothes I usually wear. I love the Delica, too. I’ve had one that was all stainless, and have one now with a wharnecliffe blade and nylon handle.

If I’m not carrying a Case slipjoint, and lots of times when I am, I’m carrying a medium-to-large Spyderco pretty much everywhere, all the time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Not really a knife guy. But I do carry this one for utility.

https://quietcarry.com/collections/the-chase
    Ooh. That’s really nice-looking.

Site Supporter
    The quietcarry stuff is quite handsome. Having said that it took me about 5-10 mins to find out where they made their knives (Taiwan) after looking in the “about” and “faqs” sections did not yield the answer on their website. Perhaps it is simply late and I missed it.

To the OP, I am avoiding buying Chinese if I can do so with a minimum of fuss/hassle/extra expense i.e. knives in the 50 to 100 space. I vote no.

I am keenly aware that will not be possible when I buy my next iPhone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    The quietcarry stuff is quite handsome. Having said that it took me about 5-10 mins to find out where they made their knives (Taiwan) after looking in the “about” and “faqs” sections did not yield the answer on their website. Perhaps it is simply late and I missed it.

To the OP, I am avoiding buying Chinese if I can do so with a minimum of fuss/hassle/extra expense i.e. knives in the 50 to 100 space. I vote no.

I am keenly aware that will not be possible when I buy my next iPhone etc.
    I think we all agree with you.
    #RESIST

User Tag List