Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Spyderco Resilience

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I would like to formally request a username change to Maple Syrup Actual
    Roses are red and violets are purple,
    Sugar is sweet and so is maple syrple...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yikes! Although it could be even worse...
    This has me crying, while I recollect the evening three of us repeatedly cut ourselves with a potato slicer, with the worst wound being suffered by my friend who first uttered "Give me that thing, you fucking pussies!!!!!!!"

I can neither confirm nor deny that we may, or may not have been cooking at home because we had determined, after a long day in the garage, that we were too shitfaced to go out...

Staying ever so slightly on topic, how does one determine if a Spyderco is US or Chinese made? Doing just a quick look, I don't see the info in Amazon or Blade HQ descriptions.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Staying ever so slightly on topic, how does one determine if a Spyderco is US or Chinese made? Doing just a quick look, I don't see the info in Amazon or Blade HQ descriptions.
    On Blade HQ if you scroll down and hit the "more details" or something like that, it will tell you country of origin. USA, China, Taiwan, Japan, Italy etc
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    "Give me that thing, you fucking pussies!!!!!!!"
    Nothing good ever comes after those words. Or after "Hey, watch this."
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    On Blade HQ if you scroll down and hit the "more details" or something like that, it will tell you country of origin. USA, China, Taiwan, Japan, Italy etc
    Thanks! I'd expanded the description but I missed the "show all specs" tab.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    how does one determine if a Spyderco is US or Chinese made?
    Also, I think if it costs very much more than $50 it is probably not Chinese?

Site Supporter
    I have found recently that the sales websites contradict themselves regularly with country of origin. Spyderco forums might work better.

Both my Resilience and my Original Military went MIA this year. One was a gift, and the other a $200 knife that I bought in the old Spyderco Outlet in Golden, after meeting Sal, and having a Factory tour with Vince, their chief engineer, and meeting Patrick Glesser. Who I blame for my love of VG10 wherever possible. Both will be replaced this year but one significanly sooner than the other. The Military is my favorited EDC folder. The Resilience will be carried at work, because it is so much easier to replace.

I am sure one or both of those knives made it into my daughter's room, never to be seen again.

pat

The Spyderco site also has origin under something like 'technical specs' or such on the page for each particular knife.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Also, I think if it costs very much more than $50 it is probably not Chinese?
    Some of the Taichung (Taiwan) knives are quite expensive. Hundreds.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List