Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For you gun hipsters

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Hey come on now!
    I really think I can pull those round glasses off.

No, really. DUSM's and State Trooper's will politely nod, and the ladies will swoon.
    No judgement bro. This summer, I'm wearing Hawaiian shirts and carrying a 4506. We all have our issues.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I carry a Beretta PX4CC and just got a .32 Magnum J frame.....these may be required.
    Better develop a taste for Peets Coffee.
    Good luck with the man-bun.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Day late

I wish I had seen those before my bifocal aviators with the mirror lenses came in.

The new Roger Stone Collection

Serious question, what would be the best lens color?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I...uhh...was joking about getting these in RX.

I wear Ray-Bans, yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    FUGLY
    No one will steal them, that's a huge advantage.

In fact, if you sat on a street corner with those on, just acting like you were playing some instrument, folks would throw money at you.

Oakley has always had some weird-ass ideas:

http://www.o-review.com/image.php?fa...iber_Black.jpg
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 04-30-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Serious question, what would be the best lens color?
    It depends on what you're doing and what the expected lighting is like (and how far down the optic nerd rabbit hole you want to go). What colors do you want to make 'pop' and what colors do you want to subdue? Also, people's eyes are different.

It'd be great if you could go somewhere and test the lenses, along with anything that you might want to use them with.

Example: I brought a red dot (not mounted, just the dot) and some cardboard and paper when I bought my Pillas, since the frames come with your choice of three lenses. Went to a physical store, spent a couple hours playing with different lenses to see which ones I liked best. Sales guy suggested lens ranges for common lighting (Sunny, overcast, etc), and then I tested until I found one from each that worked best for my eyes in letting me see the dot on the targets. You could also take the slide off your pistol and use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Hahah, no idea. That's Hall-of-Famer Greg Herbold on the left, and John Tomac on the right. I did race with them, but not in the same class.
    Best years of my life was that period. I lived on a Mt. bike back then and never missed the big races at Mammoth Lakes. The hat Greg was wearing were a thing for awhile. I had one similar. Usually, it was just a tube that tightened with a sweat pad and you could get original with the rest of the tube on shape.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Best years of my life was that period. I lived on a Mt. bike back then and never missed the big races at Mammoth Lakes. The hat Greg was wearing were a thing for awhile. I had one similar. Usually, it was just a tube that tightened with a sweat pad and you could get original with the rest of the tube on shape.
    Small world! I did pretty well at one Mammoth NORBA championship in XC Sport Class. I was buddies with Joe Murray, and grew up riding mountain bikes in NorCal.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List