Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 grip issue

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Mine is also quite similar. With LTT grips, i rarely get slide lock on an empty mag. I adjusted to this grip, and when I put my mind to it, I get slide lock, but most of the time not.

I quit griping about it, just something I have to work through. Though, as much as I like the grips, I wonder if something between factory and ultra thin would be the ticket.
    Stoner CNC may be what you need. I have them on all of my 92's.

https://www.stonercnc.com/beretta-pt92-g10grips
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    GJM, try these grips: https://www.ergogrips.net/shop/ergo-...el-92m-9-grip/

They're about the same thicknes as the OEM Beretta grips, but are much better, and I think may successfully address your grip needs.

Best, Jon
    Plus one for the Ergo grips. Those are my go to grips for the Beretta 92.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I’m sorry for not being able to help. I’ve had people ask why I don’t mind having only a left side slide stop on my 92s (and px4s), as a left hand shooter. This is why.
    So there is an advantage to being wrong handed? Firearms instructors have a long used saying involving south paws.....Left handers have cost me a lot of money in holsters and time in training that I wouldn't have otherwise spent, being right handed and all...

pat

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Left is right / correct. That is all. I will say the Kyle Defoor left hand slide release on reload technique I saw Ernest Langdon and others promoting is a good time saver and I’m glad I’ve taken time to learn it even if sometimes I seem to forget in awkward shooting positions (so more work needed).

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    So there is an advantage to being wrong handed? Firearms instructors have a long used saying involving south paws.....Left handers have cost me a lot of money in holsters and time in training that I wouldn't have otherwise spent, being right handed and all...

pat

Site Supporter
    Left is right / correct. That is all.
    My psych minor reminds me that you all are in your right brains, but still... does this mean I am envious? I am striving for disdainful...snooty majority even...

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Stoner CNC may be what you need. I have them on all of my 92's.

https://www.stonercnc.com/beretta-pt92-g10grips
    Bookmarked them. Might have to snag a set when I've got a few bucks to spare.

I trap the slide stop with my primary hand thumb. I attempted to find grips that were not tapered cut at the top and could not find any.

So I did a test with some tape and as crude as this seems, the test worked. I built up a bead of black silicone on the grip panel to push my thumb away from the slide stop paddle.

Maybe a build of of silicone on your grip will push your hand/thumb away.

I will take a pic with the silicone and install.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Left is right / correct. That is all. I will say the Kyle Defoor left hand slide release on reload technique I saw Ernest Langdon and others promoting is a good time saver and I’m glad I’ve taken time to learn it even if sometimes I seem to forget in awkward shooting positions (so more work needed).
    I'm curious what the left hand slide release method is. I'm not left handed, just curious.

-Cory

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    You’re still using the right hand to release the slide, so i should have said, it’s a technique for left handers. I can’t find the videos - I’ve seen at least two - rn, but basically as you insert the mag and it slides home you continue the movement and reach your index, middle and ring fingers up to release the slide. It’s pretty speedy when done correctly. I probably didn’t describe it well. I like the speed and the fact the trigger finger of the left hand stays in register as usual.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I trap the slide stop with my primary hand thumb. I attempted to find grips that were not tapered cut at the top and could not find any.

So I did a test with some tape and as crude as this seems, the test worked. I built up a bead of black silicone on the grip panel to push my thumb away from the slide stop paddle.

Maybe a build of of silicone on your grip will push your hand/thumb away.

I will take a pic with the silicone and install.
    Man alive. And people say *I* have big hands.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  21.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  52.1 KB

Stoner CNC full checker, thicker than the issue panels. At *my* thumb’s size, the thicker oval profile pushes the thumb offline of the slide lock lever, to the point that, since switching to these, I don’t recall ever unintentionally activating the slide lock lever in either direction. With that much longer digit pictured above, I imagine more effort to find a solution might be required.

Inadvertent slide lock interference is why I abandoned my SIGs. Seemed like every magazine or two, I’d be hitting the lever without meaning to. I don’t recall *ever* doing this with a Glock, which is one of the reasons I’ve moved there for most of my semiauto shooting and carry.

User Tag List