Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 grip issue

Beretta 92 grip issue

It has been probably five years since I seriously shot a Beretta 92. Back then, I don’t recall any issues with interference with the slide stop. However, since I started messing with the 92 again, occasionally I have run into an issue where the slide has locked back with rounds in the magazine. I am virtually certain that the base of my support thumb occasionally moves up and is pushing the slide stop up. I asked Ernest to shave a slide stop, and that made it better but it still occasionally happens. I reduced it further, and it is better but with an imperfect grip I still very intermittently get the issue. If I push my support thumb lower, I can keep it from happening, but it would necessitate a change in my grip. Anyone else experienced this — it isn’t an issue with anything else I shoot?

Here is my grip.

Name:  DEFDB180-F834-4263-BF3B-AB9956F857BA.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  30.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Student
    I have the same issue, but I have not removed any material. I wonder if there is an OEM reduced slide stop.

I really like the 92 series guns but I have a similar issue. My support thumb occasionally will press the front end of the slide stop downward slightly which causes the rear end to lift and lock the slide open with rounds remaining in the gun. I do not have this problem with any other pistol. I could modify my grip, and would if it was a necessity due to being an issued gun, but I don't see changing my grip for a single platform. I went ahead and sold my M9A1.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I have experienced something similar occasionally but I think my problem is my strong side thumb. It is far far less often that with the Sig P22X series. It seems that one of the compromises in pistol design is that a slide stop that is easy to reach during a reload is also easy to accidentally hit inadvertently. Just like with the Sig, the only solution that works for me is to be cognizant about locking my strong side thumb outside my support side thumb, but that is still hard to do in all the excitement.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I’m sorry for not being able to help. I’ve had people ask why I don’t mind having only a left side slide stop on my 92s (and px4s), as a left hand shooter. This is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I’m sorry for not being able to help. I’ve had people ask why I don’t mind having only a left side slide stop on my 92s (and px4s), as a left hand shooter. This is why.
    Sinister comment.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My hands are in a similar position except for my support thumb. Its not touching the frame at all.

I dont have an issue with the slide stop.

Site Supporter
    I have a similar problem with an m9a3 that I haven’t shot enough to decide to grind on the slide stop lever or just sell. Between the decocking lever and slide stop I feel like my thumbs are more “cramped” between the controls than on other pistols I’ve spent much time with (glocks and 1911’s).

Yep! I ditched the platform because of it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....knuckle-issues
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    I had the same issue with a G34 and ultimately it required me to remove the extended slide release. It has never been an issue for me with Berettas, but I can't get my hands that high up on the gun without causing significant discomfort to my fingers.

Is there an issue with the spring that keeps the slide release down? That's the only hardware issue I'd imagine there is.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List