Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Making Your Own Mask?

Site Supporter
    Homemade masks will stop liquid droplets but will only filter about 2% of viruses. Prices and availability of N95 masks appear to be improving.

The overpriced KN95 masks I bought a few weeks ago seal less than perfectly at the top. I have found that a tissue along the top edge keeps my glasses from fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I don't know if this has been peer-reviewed, but there was a study released last week on homemade masks:

The best material for homemade face masks may be a combination of two fabrics

One layer of a tightly woven cotton sheet combined with two layers of polyester-spandex chiffon -- a sheer fabric often used in evening gowns -- filtered out the most aerosol particles (80-99%, depending on particle size), with performance close to that of an N95 mask material.

My wife has sewn over 200 masks of all types. She's done several with the recommendations for maximum filtration and you can't even breath through the damn things if you are doing more activities other than sitting at a desk. I have my "feel good" mask that is simply a neck gator sewn from an old Under Armour heat gear shirt. I wear it when dealing with customers that are wearing masks to make them feel better. Otherwise I'm mask-less through the day.

Somewhere in this video is some good guidelines for making a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List