Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal Thread on the P320 - Variants, Safeties, Grip Modules, Etc.

It gets better.

X now consists of three versions.

X5. This is the original competition version. It cinorporated many of the changes competition shooters were doing to their P320s. It is ~34 ounces with a tungsten weight and detachable magwell. It is a direct competitor to the Walther Q5. It was a hit.

...So Walther upped their game and came out with the Q5 steel frame.

...So Sig came out with the X5 Legion. Its effectively the X5, with slightly different trigger, and a "tungsten infused" grip which is designed to go to the limit on weight limitations in USPSA. Its a big hit especially on the CO side. Note those who have the regular X5 can buy the Legion grip and have a defacto Legion.

...So Sig also is now coming out with an IPSC compatible X5 Alpha or something. This is an X 5 Legion with a metal frame and two weights and blows through the USPSA weight limits. USPSA later comes out with a weight change (almost like they knew it was coming...).

Next comes the Sig X5 Terminator plasma pistol, in the 40 watt range...

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    It gets better..

...So Sig also is now coming out with an IPSC compatible X5 Alpha or something. This is an X 5 Legion with a metal frame and two weights and blows through the USPSA weight limits. USPSA later comes out with a weight change (almost like they knew it was coming...).

Wait wait wait - I just went and looked at this thing. Aluminum frame, adjustable weight, manual safety, 1911 guide-rod, optics ready, flat trigger, detachable magwell, this one be made in Germany, instead of the USA.

Holy shit balls it’s a striker fired 1911 in 9mm...

Shit. I think Sig just sold me a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Wait wait wait - I just went and looked at this thing. Aluminum frame, adjustable weight, manual safety, 1911 guide-rod, optics ready, flat trigger, detachable magwell, this one be made in Germany, instead of the USA.

Holy shit balls it’s a striker fired 1911 in 9mm...

Shit. I think Sig just sold me a pistol.
    Its just this side of the original 226 X5 which I lusted for in younger days.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    And @psalms144.1....they make the X Grip in a 'small' width now. It's on the Sigstore website now. Don't worry. Wait a couple of days. Something else will change.
    Proven Outfitters is now listing both small and large X grips in multiple colors. They are "backordered" but they typically means they will be available soon. From what I've seen, the X grips tend to be smaller than for the same size compared to the classic grip modules.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List