Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey old guys (and collectors), what's this thing? (CZ DUO .25 Auto)

Hey old guys (and collectors), what's this thing? (CZ DUO .25 Auto)

I called my Pops last night to wish him a happy 74th birthday and while we were on the phone he mentioned a friend of his had recently given him a pistol. Supposedly the friends' deceased wife had been given the pistol by her brother before he passed. He was a cop in Chamblee, GA. Pops told me it was a Smith and Wesson in .25 caliber. I said I wasn't aware of Smith ever having made a .25 auto but he insisted it said Smith and Wesson right on the box. It does, but of course the box is not for this gun. When we got off the phone he texted me these pics. Googling and Gunbrokering seems to indicate it's some kind of WWII era Czech pistol called a "DUO." Values appear to range from $150 to $500. Something about Nazi marks.

Can anyone here tell me anything about this and point me to a real value? Pops isn't a gun guy. Said he might hang onto it, but wants to pay his (very dear) friend a fair price for it since he needs money. Honestly I was wondering if the Smith Box isn't worth a bit based on its condition.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I would offer up the box over on the Smith and Wesson Forum. Those guys would probably take it off your hands pretty quick. As to the gun, it looks like a baby Browning copy.

Go post this same question on GlockTalk and ask for a guy with the screen name “BAC” to give his thoughts. He has all kinds of guns and knows a ton about oddities and collectibles.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Go post this same question on GlockTalk and ask for a guy with the screen name “BAC” to give his thoughts. He has all kinds of guns and knows a ton about oddities and collectibles.
    @bac1023

Missed a sentence, never mind.
    Last edited by TGS; 04-29-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

That thing is kind of cute. I think I want one.
    Nice holster.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I'm going to WAG the value at about $400-450, if there's no Nazi markings on it.

Pure guesswork on my part.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Rock Island auction for one with description- https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-pistol-25-acp

Introduced in 1926, this pistol is based on the 1906 Browning design. It has a 6-shot detachable magazine. The serial number is marked on the right side of the slide. The left side of the slide is marked with the two-line block "AUTOMAT PISTOLE 'DUO' CAL 635 / F DUSEK, OPOTSCHNO" followed by a Czech proof over "43" (during Nazi era). The basket weaved hard rubber grips are inlaid with a raised circled "DUO". Complete with brown leather holster containing a spare magazine.

Site Supporter
    Pretty sure @Les Pepperoni has one of these.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Add .25ACP Baby Browning clones to my list of Chubby Girls (guns I really like but aren't considered "serious" like the Mini14).

Just ordered replacement grips for my fathers hand me down Singer.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 04-29-2020 at 10:30 PM.

User Tag List