Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air soft? Any value.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve had good experience with airsoft as a FoF training tool. Except for getting shot in the dickhole. That was not a good experience.

It’s also a great way for less experienced people to get a reality check about what they can and can’t do with their gun.
    We told you to wear pants, but you would not listen...

Air soft? Any value.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    We told you to wear pants, but you would not listen...
    Dude. I had my pants on, but that crazy chick shot me there anyway. She was fucking nuts. Punched another guy straight in the face, bare knuckles. Kinda admire that.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. So what I'm seeing, just going to open games and shooting away doesn't really hold much value. But scenario, based, Force on force it has value.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s also a great way for less experienced people to get a reality check about what they can and can’t do with their gun.
    This. Absolutely and for sure.

Most folks (even CCW guys) are armpit deep in Kruger-Dunning until the first time they have to try to get their gun out in real time to deal with a dedicated opponent... The first time that happens hopefully will be in training and won't be when it is happening for real. Scripted Airsoft (or Simunitions or UTM) scenarios and drills help you to see what (as Ken Murray calls it) " speed of life" is.

As a side note it is also rather disturbing to see the number of people who can't get their Serpa holster to release their gun when trying to do it under pressure for the first time....

Site Supporter
    That is scary as well as depressing. I saw an SO (quite the skilled competitor and LEO) basically grab a guy struggling with the gun and holster. Looked like something bad was going to happen.

A very good book about force-on-force training in general "Training at the Speed of Life"

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Excellent, thanks for the feedback. So what I'm seeing, just going to open games and shooting away doesn't really hold much value. But scenario, based, Force on force it has value.
    Pretty much my opinion. I've used it to run through various use of force scenarios with my wife and I think it worked real well (hope I never have to have it validated). I also use it to practice contact/retention shooting techniques at speeds I am not comfortable doing at high speed with live ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Might be fun though.

Haley has considerable real-life experience. If he says it's beneficial, I'm inclined to listen.

Site Supporter
    We used them for AS training years ago. As others have stated, as long as control is maintained over the players, they are useful and much easier to clean up.

User Tag List