Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Justin Amash Presidential Run

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Other then in this thread, I never heard a peep about this guy. I'm not the most tuned in guy to political news, far from it, but he certainly didn't make a Ross Perot sized splash. Or even that dude with a boot on his head who promises us a pony based economy, Vermin Supreme sized splash.

Which reminded me of Vermin Supreme. Which had me check if he's "running" again this year. And yup. I note he's added zombie preparedness to his platform. That speaks to my interests.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    And he's out...
    "I’ve spent nearly three weeks assessing the race, appearing in media, talking to delegates and donors, watching the Libertarian Party’s convention plan unfold, and gathering feedback from family, friends, and other advisers. After much reflection, I’ve concluded that circumstances don’t lend themselves to my success as a candidate for president this year, and therefore I will not be a candidate."

https://reason.com/2020/05/16/justin...idential-race/
    As if there could have been any other outcome.
    3/15/2016

In pretty much every other endeavor, "designed/selected/decision by committee" is usually a recipe for suck and fail.

The larger the committee, the greater chance that it will suck.

Since the American primary system is basically one giant committee, well...

Personally, for primaries, I'd like to see a preferential system. You vote for your top 3. Your #1 gets 10 points, your #2 gets 5, and your #3 gets 1.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Other then in this thread, I never heard a peep about this guy. I'm not the most tuned in guy to political news, far from it, but he certainly didn't make a Ross Perot sized splash. Or even that dude with a boot on his head who promises us a pony based economy, Vermin Supreme sized splash.

Which reminded me of Vermin Supreme. Which had me check if he's "running" again this year. And yup. I note he's added zombie preparedness to his platform. That speaks to my interests.
    It is good to know that someone is paying attention to possible outbreaks that Washington most likely has not prepared for such as zombies.

What are everyones thoughts on Jesse "The Body" Ventura running for POTUS?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...run-president/

I like him as a person and I feel his interests are more aligned with mine than Biden or Trump. He would get my vote if he runs.

Will the entirety of his platform be, "Orange man bad!" too? Because, that's been pretty effective to this point.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk1981 View Post
    What are everyones thoughts on Jesse "The Body" Ventura running for POTUS?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...run-president/

I like him as a person and I feel his interests are more aligned with mine than Biden or Trump. He would get my vote if he runs.
    From what little I recall about Ventura, which is mostly based on a audiobook version of a biography I listened to while traveling around in Kansas some 20+years ago, he seemed like a decent guy. Most biographies make the subject sympathetic, though. I have no idea what his platform or politics are. I suspect if he's running on the Green platform it won't be something I can support.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    From what little I recall about Ventura, which is mostly based on a audiobook version of a biography I listened to while traveling around in Kansas some 20+years ago, he seemed like a decent guy. Most biographies make the subject sympathetic, though. I have no idea what his platform or politics are. I suspect if he's running on the Green platform it won't be something I can support.
    I do believe he is pretty Pro-2A. As far as his politics from what I have seen he seems pretty reasonable. From my understanding he is a staunch independent and my belief is that he is using the Green Party as a means to an end. They have a good base in the majority of the states to ensure he gets on the ballot and to get some votes.

User Tag List