Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Amash Presidential Run

Justin Amash Presidential Run

Justin Amash has announced his presidential run as an alternative to Trump. This could get interesting...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This will go nowhere.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    What’s his goal? To elect a leftist?

All leftists are destructive, but there are also plenty of Republicans who are willing to hurt the country.

Site Supporter
    I see contributions from the left. Every vote for Amash is a Trump vote lost.

Or maybe a Biden vote lost. I don't know at this point.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

TDS strikes again.

My first thought was "who?"

My second thought was "I don't care."

Amash fell for the Russia conspiracy hoax, that's not gonna help him.
    #RESIST

What has changed that will make this pan out?

Third party runs don't even work when the president or the nominee are unpopular picks forced through by the party apparatchiks. Regardless of what you think of Donald Trump on a personal level, he's actually popular. He has actual grassroots support.

If this shit didn't work against empty suits without support like McCain or Romney, what makes you think it'll work now?

Amash is a libertarian. He's not going to be lifting any Biden votes whatsoever.

I'm not sure in what way this is "interesting". Third party runs within the American political system are not interesting by definition.

Site Supporter
    Not saying this is guy is the answer or will succeed.

BUT I think the two party system is doing the country a huge disservice and everyone's unwillingness to vote 3rd party by default is what continues the cycle.

A mish, Amash, with crappy choices we're awash.

Agree that we need to explore more and better alternatives. But nothing will change until folks are ready and willing to force those changes. I won't hold my breath...though it may be the prudent thing to do these days.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List