Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glock 45 gen 5 9mm and tlr-7a

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSpear View Post
    hi rangemaster, thanks for the reply..........hmmm, thats what i was concerned about, since i have hands like a silver back gorilla, that little piece that tightens was too small for me to get a good enough hold on to even turn to tighten, so i used a mini flat head. when i look at the frame though i dont see any visible damage that my naked eye can see, so im hoping im ok.
    I would say you are okay. When these things were coming out a few years ago my whole group was issued these even as we were waiting on Safariland to get the holsters to us. I have always started at finger tight with my bare hands and then I will give it another full turn with a casing or whatever is laying around. With a lot of holster work I noticed it back off a small amount which led to some shifting on the frame and it left some marks which is how I started giving it another turn. No biggie. I know where the screw should point towards (witness) and I take a look after a range day. That said, usually a full turn past "finger tight" is plenty. I would not get the screwdriver out and get aggressive. The proper mount and a snug turn is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    I would say you are okay. When these things were coming out a few years ago my whole group was issued these even as we were waiting on Safariland to get the holsters to us. I have always started at finger tight with my bare hands and then I will give it another full turn with a casing or whatever is laying around. With a lot of holster work I noticed it back off a small amount which led to some shifting on the frame and it left some marks which is how I started giving it another turn. No biggie. I know where the screw should point towards (witness) and I take a look after a range day. That said, usually a full turn past "finger tight" is plenty. I would not get the screwdriver out and get aggressive. The proper mount and a snug turn is all you need.
    thanks for the reply ncmtnman, hope you are right about it being ok , i would much rather the light be damaged than the frame

User Tag List