Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for GJM & others CZ 527?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If I were buying one now I would likely get the threaded barrel version in 300 blackout.
    Is that a thing?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Is that a thing?
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ackout-review/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I wonder if they discontinued. Seeing comments about it on the CZ USA page but no info about it. just the Grendel and the x39.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I wonder if they discontinued. Seeing comments about it on the CZ USA page but no info about it. just the Grendel and the x39.
    If you do a search for CZ 527 .300 Blackout it will show it was discontinued in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Discontinued...

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-am...ontinued-2019/

...but can still be found (and quite a bargain with closeout pricing)...

https://www.deguns.net/cz-527-americ.../p?idsku=10334
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks!!
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    1) What are you guys seeing for accuracy with 7.62x39? I see lots of "good", not much to put it into perspective though.

Asking mostly because of most x39 being shit. @JonInWA, specifically interested in the SST.
    I haven't shot mine a ton, but it shoots Wolf Polycoat and Hornady Black SST exceptionally well; I zero at 50 yards, shooting 1" to 1.5" groups; the Hornady going towards the lower number. I was initially concerned that the brass-cased Hornady would not shoot well due to the 527 being optimized for steel-cased 7.62 x 39, but that was not the case; now worries whatsoever with mine. Hornady also makes a steel-cased Black, but in my area the brass-cased is what'd normally stocked, so that's what I went with; presumably I could order the other, but since the bras-cased shoots so well, it's a non-concern for me.

I'm suspecting that 7.62 x 39's reputation for mediocrity may have more to do with the platforms most are shooting it from than to any deficiencies in the cartridges per se. AK-47s and SKSs aren't exactly known for their gilt-edged accuracy-more for "minute of running dog anti-imperialist accuracy," and ease of maintenance and durability in the field. The CZ 527 runs it quite nicely...

Best, Jon

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    When I went down the 7.62x39 rabbit hole a couple years ago, my research suggested that if you can't find a load your gun shoots well with the Hornady SST and 1680, there's probably something wrong with it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Wonder why they killed the 300BO.

For x39 users Geco makes some high quality brass cased ammo with copper jackets

I like CZ products, and I considered the 527 when I began my Down the Practical Hole series. In the same class would be the Ruger American Ranch which is available in a wide range of calibers including 7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel, and .300 BLK. The 7.62x39 rifles use the same mags as the Mini-30, and the others use AR mags.

The safety also is more user friendly.

The downside is a lack of iron sights.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List