Thread: Vortex RAZOR HD LH 1.5-8X32

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Vortex RAZOR HD LH 1.5-8X32

Vortex RAZOR HD LH 1.5-8X32

Google suggests we've never talked about this one here.

A few threads in other places. Some credible people really like it. It's indexed as "inactive" on the Vortex site and Vortex's own search won't show it to you. You have to do an external search to get to their page for it.

https://vortexoptics.com/razor-hd-lh...4-bdc-moa.html

EuroOptic and Scopelist both have inventory at a good price, but not the best price it's ever been historically. Makes me think that if I want one, it may be wise to get it now rather than waiting for $50 off on Labor Day or Black Friday.

I have an 18-in SPC upper that needs glass. OG lightweight KMR handguard. Mission will be some target work at moderate distance but primarily hunting around SE TX. There are four other long guns I'd reach for in the safe before it for home defense, but, being an AR, it's not so unsuitable for the purpose that's totally off the table. This Vortex seems like a good fit for the rifle in size, weight, glass quality, reticle, magnification range, likely Vortex durability, current price, etc.

Figured I'd ping the tribe here and see if anyone's messed with one and what your thoughts are.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have never seen one in person but have a 1-4 Razor that I really like. Personal preference but I would prefer a mil reticle over BDC. If you map the reticle to your ammo, they can be useful. I also prefer front focal plane but on an 8X sxope, that may not be necessary, you just have to remember what the reticle is scaled for.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have one. Used it a bunch on a couple of 16" .223 AR-15 uppers in a Warne X-Skel mount. No issues. Used it mostly within 200 yards, but shot out to 400 yards in a few different conditions. If you know your ammo and can memorize your holds, the BDC reticle is quite adequate (especially when shooting at B/C sized steel). In windy conditions, there’s going to be some Kentucky windage when using the reticle, but it’s not impossible.

On 1.5x, for close range, I used the tip of the bottom post (6 o’clock hold) as my POA. The thick post was fairly visible even in low light, especially when coupled with a WML. It’ll not be as quick to get a sight picture compared to an RDS, as to be expected.

The magnification ring is stiff so you will want to get some kind of cattail to quickly adjust magnification. I fashioned one out of an extra wide zip-tie I found a work. A breakaway nylon coaster would be another economical option as well: https://www.amazon.com/Breakaway-Nyl.../dp/B00AAIRRTY

The $430 price at Eurooptic is a good deal for what you're getting. Keep in mind though that this scope has a 1" tube, so you may have to factor in a new mount into the price.

How's the eyebox on these?

User Tag List