Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reverse Edge go to

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kizer-...-Frame--106899

At $169, it was much more reasonably priced than I'd expected, and I forgive them for the long delay given the whole pandemic thing.

After the strangeness and $265 pricetag for the other option, it was refreshing; and I totally missed the Inversion going live, yet received it in short order.

https://emersonknives.com/shop/knive...-models/elvia/
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kizer-...-Frame--106899

At $169, it was much more reasonably priced than I'd expected, and I forgive them for the long delay given the whole pandemic thing.

After the strangeness and $265 pricetag for the other option, it was refreshing; and I totally missed the Inversion going live, yet received it in short order.

https://emersonknives.com/shop/knive...-models/elvia/
    I appreciate it, R, but you’re too late. I’ll let you know how I like the Inversion.

PS. You saw this, yes?

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/kopis-designs/

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I appreciate it, R, but you’re too late. I’ll let you know how I like the Inversion.
    I'd appreciate it if someone wants to chime in on the handle after some use. I love the blade shape, but in general, I find metal handled folders to be heavier and more slippery that once with another scale material and metal liners, for seemingly no reason, since almost always the blade or blade-handle junction is going to be the weakest point anyways.

But damn, I like that blade.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I'd appreciate it if someone wants to chime in on the handle after some use. I love the blade shape, but in general, I find metal handled folders to be heavier and more slippery that once with another scale material and metal liners, for seemingly no reason, since almost always the blade or blade-handle junction is going to be the weakest point anyways.

But damn, I like that blade.
    Yeah, I have an Emerson licensed Kershaw CQC blade. One scale is G-10, the other is bead blasted stainless steel for the frame lock. While I love frame locks, the folder put the pocket clip on the SS/frame lock side. That knife slides out of the pocket, and is nowhere near secure. The only reason I am still carrying it it that it was, like, 30 freakin' bucks....

pat

Reverse Edge go to

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Yeah, I have an Emerson licensed Kershaw CQC blade. One scale is G-10, the other is bead blasted stainless steel for the frame lock. While I love frame locks, the folder put the pocket clip on the SS/frame lock side. That knife slides out of the pocket, and is nowhere near secure. The only reason I am still carrying it it that it was, like, 30 freakin' bucks....

pat
    Try the Kershaw Emerson CQC5k. It’s got G10 on both sides. Best cheap knife I’ve found.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-28-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Try the Kershaw Emerson CQC5k. It’s got G10 on both sides. Best cheap knife I’ve found.

I definitely said this recently in another thread, but I wholeheartedly second this. I bought one on a lark, it's a good cutter and gets carried more than a lot of fancier knives with nice blade steels.

Does a non sharpened second edge get into grey territory?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Does a non sharpened second edge get into grey territory?
    I was hoping for someone with more legal expertise to hop in, but my layman's understanding is no. If it's not sharp enough to slice a piece of paper/there's no actual sharpened edge, I've never worried about it.

The thing I would be wary of is that some state's laws mention specifically dirks, daggers, bowies, that sort of thing. If you were concerned about that, I would avoid a blade shape that's commonly called that, or something too dagger like or very spear point like that looked like a dagger.

TP,

I haven't picked up one of the Kopis options and find myself dragging my feet on it. I have a pile of Ken Onion-designed paring knives that I picked up for ~$30ea for that size and general profile. They're functional enough that I can make sheaths and other equipment and send them out to wear-testers, without being so expensive that I'd miss them if they didn't return. https://www.amazon.com/Stratus-Culin.../dp/B00KM8IQFQ
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Guys, I’m busted. My wife is paying bills, and just poked her head in to exclaim: “someone's been bad. There are knifey charges on the bank statement again...”

Fortunately, she digs folders with sculpted metal scales.

@runcible, the L-via is pretty cool, just because, but it’s not a screaming must-have. The aggressive curve to the blade means a lot of excess kydex shavings from the tip on each draw. As well, the sheath is sort of where the very first production runs of the China Pick were, back in the day: too much extra material around the handle. As shipped, it’s *really* hard to draw; a few minutes with a disc grinder or belt sander is absolutely mandatory. FWIW.

I’m probably about reverse edged up at this point. If you see something else cool, don’t post it.

User Tag List