Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Edge go to

Reverse Edge go to

What/Who is your go to for reverse edge knives. Just ordered CP 2.0 and was told china Disciples were going to be after the push knife.
    And another question. Ban Tang makes a DE and SE Disciple and Clinch Pick. Why does someone pick on or the other DE vs SE?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    What/Who is your go to for reverse edge knives. Just ordered CP 2.0 and was told china Disciples were going to be after the push knife.
    And another question. Ban Tang makes a DE and SE Disciple and Clinch Pick. Why does someone pick on or the other DE vs SE?
    DE might be illegal in your state.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

This.

For those not as up on blade lingo, what is DE? I'm guessing double edge?

-Cory

Ban and Joe Watson. I know there are others but I only have dealt with those two to my utmost satisfaction. With Joe retiring, that leaves ban.

As mentioned above, DE may be illegal in some places. Also, I find DE takes away from the knife's utility chores. For example, in some cutting I find it practical to put my index finger or thumb on the spine for some precise cuts; I can't do that with a DE knife. If you think of reverse edge knives as sort of reverse hawkbill knives, you can transfer the utility of a hawkbill knife to a "pikal" knife and DE can become a hindrance.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

That.

In addition to BT and Craig’s China projects, I’ve had good luck with Tom Halloran. Take your, er, pikal of them.

https://halloranknives.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I'm guessing double edge?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    For those not as up on blade lingo, what is DE? I'm guessing double edge?

-Cory
    Correct.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    This.
    Ok so one of each to satisfy the law wherever you are. It was more of a experienced user viewpoint question. Sorry I wasnt clear. So i am interpreting it as DE is preferred in a strictly defensive knife.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Even if OK in one’s home state, double-edged might well be illegal in places one wants to travel.

Thankfully, the Texas Penal Code became double-edged-blade-friendly about two legislative sessions ago. (I am not a lawyer.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Ok so one of each to satisfy the law wherever you are. It was more of a experienced user viewpoint question.
    It depends on what your use for the knife is. If your use is a mix of chores and defense, the DE might just not be that useful to you, though that's often argued. Mine is mostly chores and "a hope that I never have to use for defense", so single edge works better for me. But if you envision defense only, then DE is a good way to go.

So i am interpreting it as DE is preferred in a strictly defensive knife.
    Double edge penetrates more easily, like a dagger, so overall yes.

User Tag List