Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubts about .32 ACP

Doubts about .32 ACP

Made you look! I have no doubts about the most amazing handgun caliber ever. JMB designed complete perfection for his own carry gun; he was forced to come up with all those other rounds to please the idiots.

You say you doubt 7.65 Browning?

You know who doesn't?

Hitler. Also a certain archduke.

Hell, when the US military tried to find WWI casualties caused by handgun, they weren't sure if .45 ACP was responsible for any, so they made an almost .32 ACP cartridge to replace it! .32 ACP is 100% responsible for starting the whole damn war!

And it sure put a period on the European part of WWII.

You know how you tell ANTIFA is full of shit? People who really hate fascism carry .32 ACP.

James Bond is fictional, but the very real Ian Fleming knew that the best way to show a character was going even more badass was to have the armorer come out and hand them a .32. "Brick through a window," mofos! So badass, Fleming had to make up SPECTRE, 'cause with a .32 PPK, Bond obviously would have kicked communism's ass all on his own, so he had to be kicking supervillian ass too.

You hate .32? I'm not saying you are an anti-Semite, but I hope you enjoy Stormfront and your ZOG theories, jerk.

.32 ACP, the handgun chambering so powerful it changes world history!

(I've made these points before, but cosmic wisdom needs a re-airing from time to time.)
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Part of me wishes that Glock would chamber the 42 in 7.65 Browning....

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Part of me wishes that Glock would chamber the 42 in 7.65 Browning....
    The Time Police forbid it.

Can't have a bunch of Glocks in a caliber that changes history so easily.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Any round that killed Hitler gets value added points.

Early this year I acquired a Walther PP in .32acp. Previously, my only experience with them had been PPKs in .380. Time spent with the original, in its original chambering have caused me to reevaluate the concept just a bit. I find it to be an overall superior gun to the PPK in 9mm Kurz.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

It's why JMB semi-rimmed it. Without rimlock it would give too much power for the average human... sort of a sword from the stone test, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Any round that killed Hitler gets value added points.

Early this year I acquired a Walther PP in .32acp. Previously, my only experience with them had been PPKs in .380. Time spent with the original, in its original chambering have caused me to reevaluate the concept just a bit. I find it to be an overall superior gun to the PPK in 9mm Kurz.
    In what ways?
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    In what ways?
    The PP's slightly larger size really seems to make a difference in comfort, at least for my 2X hands. The slide abrades my hand, but not to the degree the PPK does. I can put a hundred rounds through the PP without bleeding. I could never say that with a PPK. The .32 is more comfortable to shoot with an almost complete lack of recoil, compared to the .380 which is a bit of a hand slapper in blowback guns. Finally, it's far more reliable than any PPK in .380 that I've ever spent time with. If anything, I think it reinforces the viewpoint that guns are usually at their best when chambered for the round they were built around, instead of being retrofitted for something else. I acquired the PP simply because I wanted a James Bond gun, not from any desire to make it a carry piece. However, from a purely academic view, it seems to be the superior choice of the two alternatives.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Way under utilized for the little pocket guns nowdays. I have a little a little TCP in .32 which is sweet! Ruger supposedly was to release a .32 pocket gun of sort at Shot but we got the LCP .22 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The PP's slightly larger size really seems to make a difference in comfort, at least for my 2X hands. The slide abrades my hand, but not to the degree the PPK does. I can put a hundred rounds through the PP without bleeding. I could never say that with a PPK. The .32 is more comfortable to shoot with an almost complete lack of recoil, compared to the .380 which is a bit of a hand slapper in blowback guns. Finally, it's far more reliable than any PPK in .380 that I've ever spent time with. If anything, I think it reinforces the viewpoint that guns are usually at their best when chambered for the round they were built around, instead of being retrofitted for something else. I acquired the PP simply because I wanted a James Bond gun, not from any desire to make it a carry piece. However, from a purely academic view, it seems to be the superior choice of the two alternatives.
    Big hands here too. I had wondered if the PP might be a better gun, If I wanna get my Bond on, I will keep it mind.

I am biased towards using the original cartridge in guns as well. It's a factor in why my small collection doesn't include a .40/.357 SIG. There are only a few guns in those calibers that I am interested in.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

One of the best 25 yard groups I ever shot was via the last three rounds out of my Colt 1903.

It so happened that I did it after the MOP grips on my Colt 1908 broke (I'm an idiot with that poor thing) as I had walked back the target. I had brought the 1903 for my nephew to shoot, and there was 3 rounds left. So, I went ahead and used them up.
    The group was a bit high- right on top of the paper, but I could have covered them with a quarter.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List