Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BCG discussion

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    The BCG is a Toolcraft purchased from Armor Ally or Arm Or Ally or Arm Our Ally or something like that, it's an online retailer I'd never heard of, sometime during COVID.
    Not ready to get into the history of why, but armorally.com is OFF my list of places that are GTG to deal with.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Not ready to get into the history of why, but armorally.com is OFF my list of places that are GTG to deal with.
    I hadn't heard of them prior and still haven't looked up their website but I'd be interested to hear more via pm if you don't want to share publicly.

No matter what BCG you're using, having a few spare Colt extractor springs on hand is a good idea.
    thx which one is the correct part
    ?

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod82159.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...-prod4840.aspx

The ones with the insert is what I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    The ones with the insert is what I buy.
    Yes, the copper colored Colt spring with black insert is the right one.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Saturday evening, a friend from church called and said he was having problems earlier in the day with his new AR pistol. He asked if he could bring it to me to look at, so I asked him to describe what the problem was. As soon as he said the "spent shell and a new round out of the clip" (we're slowly working on proper terminology) "were getting jammed up inside", I figured it was a weak or broken extractor spring or bad extractor. It told him to bring the BCG to church the next day and I'd take it home and check it out.

After I disassembled it I found an extremely flimsy extractor spring, so I replaced it with a Colt M4 extractor spring for him, these are a handy add on to any Brownells order you make. Last night, we went up to my shooting spot and it ran like a scalded cat through 200 rounds of the finest overpriced steel case ammo he could find during this panic. I ran a couple mags of my M193 through it as well and it didn't skip a beat. I wish I'd taken a picture of that spring next to the new Colt spring so you could see the difference in the two. The BCG is a Toolcraft purchased from Armor Ally or Arm Or Ally or Arm Our Ally or something like that, it's an online retailer I'd never heard of, sometime during COVID.

No matter what BCG you're using, having a few spare Colt extractor springs on hand is a good idea.

Attachment 58794

grabbed a few BCM BCG Upgrade kits to keep in my range bag just in case. Thanks for the reminder

User Tag List