Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Competitions Appear to Be Restarting

Competitions Appear to Be Restarting

In Texas, the Governor has started "Phase 1" reopening (not to be confused with Fed phase 1). Sporting events of up to four people are permitted.

It appears my fellow gamers who are shaking in the corner from non shooting DTs have taken this to heart. Two matches were announced shortly after, a local 3 gun match and a local "action steel" match. This is on top of IDPA matches that continued north of San Antonio.

Are others seeing matches and ranges re-open?

I have a uspsa match on the 16th in Maine, I'm excited.

I'm chomping at the bit to get back into 2-Gun in WV......

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I'm chomping at the bit to get back into 2-Gun in WV......
    It is my goal to start a regular 2 gun comp here in NH.

Much to my surprise, l received an email yesterday that our state match is cancelled. The surprising part is that the match was to be held in September. Another surprising part is that the decision comes from a group of folks who ran a match mid-March after I emailed them with a suggestion to cancel that one.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Local matches restarting here as of May 1. There is discussion of social distancing in terms of sign in and squad sizes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Much to my surprise, l received an email yesterday that our state match is cancelled. The surprising part is that the match was to be held in September. Another surprising part is that the decision comes from a group of folks who ran a match mid-March after I emailed them with a suggestion to cancel that one.
    Thats...interesting. I wonder if there is a problem with the facility its being held at.

We had several major matches rescheduled to after August in Texas.

Local matches restarting here as of May 1. There is discussion of social distancing in terms of sign in and squad sizes
    The steel match is limiting to only three squads with ten, and everyone except shoooter/SO/scorekeeper ordered out of the area except during reset.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Local matches restarting here as of May 1. There is discussion of social distancing in terms of sign in and squad sizes.
    Same, I just signed up for 3 gun on the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Thats...interesting. I wonder if there is a problem with the facility its being held at.
    No problems with the facility. Explanation for the decision is based on current social distancing rules and logistic inability to conduct a large match under such rules. The letter expresses a concern when and to what extent the rules will be lifted. County where the range is located is the hardest hit county in the state.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Fair enough. I'd be pulling my hair out if I were the MD (if I still had hair worth pulling out).

User Tag List