Thread: Sig Romeo MSR data?

Sig Romeo MSR data?

Red or green dot, looks like a good deal. I like cheap red dots.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-...-sor72001.html
    #RESIST

No experience with the sight but the Q&A cracked me up

Name:  Screenshot_20200427-190429_Chrome.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  41.3 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Blah blah blah
    Last edited by hiro; 04-28-2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason: juice ain't worth the squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    No experience with the sight but the Q&A cracked me up

Name:  Screenshot_20200427-190429_Chrome.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  41.3 KB
    "FrankK" probably typed that comment on an iPhone made in China.

Since Osage County Guns has the Romeo MSR for $85, I'll put up a mini review when mine comes in.

The IPX7, 20K lifespan, and lens caps made it an interesting choice.

The MSR arrived today, but firing only amounted yelling "pew pew pew" since my range is still closed due to WuFlu unfortunately. I'm actually pretty impressed with the MSR and I prefer it over the Romeo 5 and pretty much all the sub-$200 RDS choices on the market.

General Impressions
    * The mount was my primary concern since the skeletonized design looks weaker compared to a solid base. In hand, there is more than sufficient material to dispel any chances of it breaking. It's an absolute co-witness Aimpoint T1 style mount, so you can swap it out easily if it's not your bag. There are also two springs that help secure it, along with preventing the need to remove the crossbolt for installation on the Pic rail.

*I like the controls which are more similar to the Trijicon MRO than the R5's push buttons. The 1632 battery is housed inside the brightness selector with a brass bracket to hold the battery in place. The control knob is very positive and you are not bumping off adjustment unintentionally. The 1632s can be bought in 5 packs for about $6 on amazon and my local Lowes and Walmart have them for about $4 per single. I'm assuming the 20K hour battery life is on mid-settings which are plenty bright indoors. The turret adjustments do not have caps like the MRO and are in .5MOA clicks which are smooth to adjust.

*The glass clarity is superb and I have to give kudos to Sig's OEM for it not being bluish/green. They also include two see-thru lens caps which are Aimpoint-tier lens cap secure. Significantly better than the bikini cover on the R5 and should be included with any RDS IMO.

*Dot is clear and doesn't bloom on highest setting. There are two NV settings and 10 red settings. It is very bright today and 3 was the minimum setting I needed outside to see the dot. I'll mess with it more tonight when it's dark, but I parked it at position 6 for indoors. Sig does offer a green dot version of the MSR, but it is a separate model that is in much higher demand.

(Semi) Final Thoughts
    Barring issues on the firing line, it's a no brainer for a $100 optic. With my experience with the R5 is they tend to be excellent dots along with the American R4. I don't forsee any long term issues. I also like there is no motion activation because the R5 activates when the mice are humping in the walls or a dust bunny falls on your carbine. I'm impressed by the MSR, especially at the price tag. Aimpoint is still the king of the RDS game, but the Romeo line keep impressing.

Position #3 is the lowest setting I can pickup during the day visually and with camera

Position #7 with direct sunlight beaming. Much more visible in person due to camera autofocus.

Position #10 with direct sunlight beaming.

Will update with night pics.
    Last edited by Wonder9; 05-15-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Here comes the night time.

The absolute lowest setting I can view anything is position two, even in a dark room. The splashback on position 7 is more due to the camera, but on position 10 it is super bright at night. Upon reading the manual, Sig states "Over 20,000 hours of continuous runtime on medium setting" and position 6 seems to work for me after playing around with it today. My plan is to swap the battery on 7-4-2021.

Site Supporter
    Any updates on this sight?

User Tag List