Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UNITY CLUTCH sizing?

UNITY CLUTCH sizing?

I'm looking to buy a CLUTCH and want to know what sizing people are using, relative to their pants size, and what gear they can fit in it.

I wear a 34" jeans, and can AIWB a full size pistol, so my belly isn't all that obtrusive. I plan on loading up the belt with a Phlster floodlight, one or two pistol mags, one rifle mag, a fixed blade, and a small med kit/TQ.

If anyone has some sizing experience, I'd greatly appreciate it

Site Supporter
    I use a small Clutch for EDC, carrying a G26 in a RCS Phantom (with belt attachments removed), a TQ, a pair of handcuffs, a large leather credential wallet, a flashlight, and a spare magazine. My usual pant size is 30”, and I’m 5’11”, ~172.

I tried on a friend’s medium Clutch before I bought mine, and his was a bit loose. I think the medium size would work well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I'm looking to buy a CLUTCH and want to know what sizing people are using, relative to their pants size, and what gear they can fit in it.

I wear a 34" jeans, and can AIWB a full size pistol, so my belly isn't all that obtrusive. I plan on loading up the belt with a Phlster floodlight, one or two pistol mags, one rifle mag, a fixed blade, and a small med kit/TQ.

If anyone has some sizing experience, I'd greatly appreciate it
    I just ran into that issue. Based on the info they provided, I came out kinda right in the middle of a medium and a large. I went with a large, but think I guessed wrong.

There is quite a bit of adjustment and they are pretty stretchy. The large actually fits ok, but I'm at the very smallest it will go and am hopefully working my way down to needing a smaller size so I ordered a medium and based on how it fits I'll sell the one that doesn't work as well. I would prefer it be as tight as possible to reduce slippage and also don't think I'll be wearing it over any other existing gear on my belt (I'd remove that stuff).

Based on your info, I think you are probably right in the middle of the small/medium sizes and could probably run either one. If you want to be able to run it over other gear, definitely go medium, but if you want a super tight fit without having to be on the bottom of the adjustment range, maybe lean towards a small.

For reference, I wear a 38 jeans with an AIWB holster and mag pouch. In the belt I have a Glock + TLR7 holster, 2 pistol mags, a rifle mag, a Shivworks El Nino, and will be adding a med kit once I pick one out. All mags are currently in their insert kit. I like the kit a lot, but I'll probably end up switching to rigid mag carriers so that I can easily reinsert magazines.

Not sure if any of that is really helpful, but I do want to say that I REALLY like the belt. I don't really plan on using it for anything too tough, but like having something that is kitted out that I can roll up and throw in my bag with my SBR or can grab and put on quickly if needed.

Thanks @Le Français and @dontshakepandas

I'm 5'9", 200lb. I intend to roll it up and throw it in a backpack. I assume that if it's needed, I'll wrap it hastily around my normal clothes (jeans, belt, shirt) and get busy. The other scenario is to use it as my nightstand rig, at which point it will go around light shorts. I guess I'll try the medium

Timely thread, tempted to get a CLUTCH and I know South Narc likes his for the intended purpose.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Timely thread, tempted to get a CLUTCH and I know South Narc likes his for the intended purpose.
    I must have missed him commenting on them.

I wear 32w pants and can fit a full-size pistol. I have a medium. It’s a bit slack. I only notice it on the draw. The load also plays a part in the fit IME. If your carrying radios and multi rifle mags or something I’d say lean toward the larger end of your range.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I must have missed him commenting on them.
    Might have been Dagga Boy... there was a clutch thread previously.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I know DB has mentioned them before.
    David S.

I have two of these Unity Clutches (both small, but i wished i had one small and one medium- to be explained). The most important considerations for size are what you plan to carry, AND the size of the inserts. I am 5'6" and 130 lbs, with 28 inch waist. Outfitting one of my small clutch is:
    1- RCS Perun holster (Glock with X300U), 3 o'clock
    2- G-code soft shell scorpion rifle mag carrier, (9 o'clock)
    3- Blue force gear soft shell double pistol belt pouch (near midline) (one pouch carries a pistol mag, the other holds a flashlight)
    4- North american Rescure mini-responder ETD with HALO chest seal towards the back.

With this set up, it is very tight, perhaps too tight. I used to have TWO G-code soft shell scorpions, but the size of these inserts made it too tight and bulky so I had to switch to the BFG double pistol pouch instead. If your inserts are hardshell, then it will take up volume and make the belt tighter, possibly requiring you to upsize if all the inserts are hardshell. However, if your inserts are softshell, then you can keep your estimated size. If you do not plan on inserting and reinserting your kit frequently, then soft shell is fine and you can keep a smaller size. If you move mags in and out, however, then softshell inserts are a pain because you have to use two hands, one to stretch the pouch, and the other to insert.

A good modification is to run velcro straps on the inner slits of the Unity Clutch, with the hook side facing in. If you wear a velcro soft loop belt (like the ones from Blue Alpha Gear) then when you secure the Unity Clutch to your waist, then it will DEFINITELY NOT move.

User Tag List