Thread: NFA trust lawyers in the DFW area?

NFA trust lawyers in the DFW area?

I’ve been thinking about setting up an NFA trust off and on for several years but never acted. I started looking into it again late last year but apparently the guy I was going to use was killed in a traffic accident.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone who can set up a solid trust? Some of the research I did indicated not all trusts are the same and can get you in hot water real quick.

Also, what’s the going rate for a trust? I’ve seen from $99 to the sky is the limit. I just need an idea of how much to budget.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If Tyler, TX isn't too far a drive for you, try Sean Healy there. He's the guy other Texas lawyers go to for NFA Trust advice.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Also, what’s the going rate for a trust?
    Just one datapoint, but mine was 4 or 5 hundred (I don't remember exactly, it's been a while).

One suggestion - if you think you might ever want to do a Form 1, use a shortish name: it's easier to engrave 'XYZ Trust' than 'The Ezekiel W. and Josephine P Whomever SooperDooper GunMagick NFA Trust'[1]. DAMHIKT.

[1]Only slightly worse than the actual name of mine ... lawyers tend to be w bit verbose.

Jim Willi

https://texasguntrust.com/

Jim is in Austin, but does everything via email.

Capitol Armory recommended.
    https://www.capitolarmory.com/suppor...attorneys.html
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-27-2020 at 04:26 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I looked into all the gun trust attorneys I could find online several years ago and thought Jim Willi was the best.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Thanks everyone, that gives me some things to consider including the short name which I'd already thought about.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Chris Bass

Isaac Schutt

User Tag List