View Poll Results: Do you want a PDW forum?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 40.00%
  • No

55 52.38%
  • Mods here are shit

31 29.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PDW forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I voted "No" but I admit this is a persuasive argument.
    My argument is that the PDW topic has legs, but I am not strong either way on whether it should be its own sub forum. The interest is not just discussing a PDW, almost everyone from PF I am in close contact with, has a PDW, is buying a PDW or considering a PDW. Interestingly, my wife ditched the shotgun for a .300 BLK pistol with 110 Barnes in AK, probably four years ago.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Practically speaking, a PDW can be either a SBR or a braced pistol. That’s why I think a separate forum would be useful.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    If we did not have pistol braces - this would all be under the NFA forum.

I’m not advocating for that, but that’s why this has become multiple forums. I think a PCC forum could be merited and the PDW thread could go into that, long gun, or NFA if merited.

I think the PDW concept is interesting and have read that entire thread (now 140+ pages). But I think it could be contained there as well. I would say PCC probably has more staying power as some PDW’s are PCC’s but not all PDW’s are PCC. Heck it’s debated at length what the definition of a PDW is in that thread for several pages in and of itself...

Interesting stuff. PCC is also rapidly growing I think merging them may ease threads, but whatever it’s interesting non the less.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My argument is that the PDW topic has legs, but I am not strong either way on whether it should be its own sub forum. The interest is not just discussing a PDW, almost everyone from PF I am in close contact with, has a PDW, is buying a PDW or considering a PDW. Interestingly, my wife ditched the shotgun for a .300 BLK pistol with 110 Barnes in AK, probably four years ago.
    Regardless of whether it’s in a real rifle caliber or a pistol caliber PDWCR and basically serve as mini rifles.

Mini rifle in a bag is kind of a one trick pony, I don’t really see it justifying a sub forum. Not to mention peoples varying descriptions and conceptions of what constitutes a PW and crossover with PCC which also falls under rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Regardless of whether it’s in a real rifle caliber or a pistol caliber PDWCR and basically serve as mini rifles.

Mini rifle in a bag is kind of a one trick pony, I don’t really see it justifying a sub forum. Not to mention peoples varying descriptions and conceptions of what constitutes a PW and crossover with PCC which also falls under rifles.
    I tend to agree with this line of thinking, honestly I think we would end up with a few threads in a sub forum and it would be mostly dead other than those few topics. Honestly we have a ton of information in the PDW thread already and a couple offshoot threads. If we were seeing a massive increase in the number of threads related to PDWs then I could see a need for a sub forum but as it stands the rifle section is pretty slow already, why subdivide it further?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Agreed with the last two posts.

I think it's likely that the one thread exploded because it's a new topic that hasn't been hashed to death and covered in eloquence five years ago or more by Dagga Boy and DocGKR, and many of us are sitting around the house more than normal.

I do kinda like the limited number of sub-forums here.

If there was a PDW/PCC forum, is LL going to go and move all the revolver-cartridge lever gun threads over there? I doubt it. Might as well let it live forever like the 1301 thread that brought me here in the first place.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I vote no, unless you want monthly or more new posts about how awesome 5.7mm pistols and rifles are. While I’ll admit those can be useful in certain well thouht out contexts, the fandboys of that cartridge I’ve run into online are like cancer. I think we should keep PDW’s and PCC’s hidden away safely in the rifle forum.

Mods here are shit.

I don't see a need for it but I'm not opposed to it either. I have a 9mm carbine and will probably get others. I have a couple of braced pistols and will get some more. I don't see myself EDCing one in a bag but for those rare occasions when I stay in a hotel it would be nice to have a PDWish thing in a normal sized bag that wouldn't draw attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Voted yes but I think we would need to define what a PDW is. I consider my 11.5" 5.56 AR with LAW folder to be a PDW but some may disagree.

A concealable pistol/SBR that can be carried in a reasonably sized backpack or messenger style bag is how I define it.

Can't vote twice but #modsareshit

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I vote no, unless you want monthly or more new posts about how awesome 5.7mm pistols and rifles are. While I’ll admit those can be useful in certain well thouht out contexts, the fandboys of that cartridge I’ve run into online are like cancer. I think we should keep PDW’s and PCC’s hidden away safely in the rifle forum.
    I don’t know, I’d like to own that sweet full auto PS-90 @Hansohn Brothers has.
    #RESIST

User Tag List