Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scored a Beretta 92 SB Compact - anything I need to know?

Site Supporter
    Post photos-better idea; sell it to me and I will post photos

I will post pics when it arrives. It's in used condition, but I like guns with honest wear.

Beautiful gun. I'd probably replace the locking block as PM, if it's not already on your parts list. I don't believe that the barrels of these are chromed, but in the overall scheme of things that's really probably not that big of a deal one way or another.

Going with LTT components is an excellent way to go. How are you fixed for magazines?

I'd also remove the extractor and throughly clean out the extractor and extractor channel.

If your blueing on the finish is in halfway decent shape, I'd go with a leather or horsehide holster to preserve it.

Congratulations on the nice score.

Best, Jon

Gotta show us some before and afters!

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Beautiful gun. I'd probably replace the locking block as PM, if it's not already on your parts list. I don't believe that the barrels of these are chromed, but in the overall scheme of things that's really probably not that big of a deal one way or another.

Going with LTT components is an excellent way to go. How are you fixed for magazines?

I'd also remove the extractor and throughly clean out the extractor and extractor channel.

If your blueing on the finish is in halfway decent shape, I'd go with a leather or horsehide holster to preserve it.

Congratulations on the nice score.

Best, Jon

Thank you, Jon! I always replace all the springs in a used pistol, and I keep a couple of spare Beretta locking block assemblies on hand. I swap them and the recoil spring every 5,000 rounds. Maybe a little overkill, but still cheap insurance.

That's definitely excellent advice about extractor cleaning. @Wayne Dobbs taught me to replace/upgrade the extractor spring on certain pistols with a slightly more powerful model. I now make a point of adding a new spring on all used Beretta's.

I'll put up pics when it arrives, hopefully this weekend.

User Tag List