Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scored a Beretta 92 SB Compact - anything I need to know?

Scored a Beretta 92 SB Compact - anything I need to know?

Buy first, ask later..... Story of my life.

So I scored a deal too good to pass up on a Beretta 92 SB Compact. It's going to get new parts/springs/TJIAB/mags courtesy of Langdon Tactical, of course.

Is there anything I need to be aware of, or any peculiarities of this particular model? I know the trigger guard has a different shape, so the holster will probably need to be a custom job. I'm planning on either DSG or JM Custom - they have always treated me right.

Thanks very much!

Site Supporter
    Send it to me and I'll shoot the snot out of it (when I can find an open range) and I'll let ya know if there's anything you need to be on the lookout for.

I'm here to help!

anything I need to know?
    That I'm jealous and you suck.

Does it have wood grips?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The SB is a nice gun. Blue Finish? Keep it oiled. No slide retaining pin (the smaller headed hammer pivot pins can sometimes be tougher to find), but unless you're shooting "Hot SMG ammo" and worry about your teeth, don't worry...

Dark Star's Beretta AIWB holster (I forget the model name/number... "Orion?" "Cygnus?" "Gemini?" - something to do with stars....) should fit all the widths/trigger guards. I like that holster for that reason...

That said, I haven't had issues carrying a rounded trigger guard in my keepers holster (though the brig slides are too wide).

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Send it to me and I'll shoot the snot out of it (when I can find an open range) and I'll let ya know if there's anything you need to be on the lookout for.

I'm here to help!
    Hehehe - thank you for your kind offer of assistance - it is great appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That I'm jealous and you suck.

Does it have wood grips?
    Yes, it does have wood grips. Are they rare or something? Do you need them for a Beretta of yours?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Langdon Tactical, including the thin G10 grips that I like so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    The SB is a nice gun. Blue Finish? Keep it oiled. No slide retaining pin (the smaller headed hammer pivot pins can sometimes be tougher to find), but unless you're shooting "Hot SMG ammo" and worry about your teeth, don't worry...

Dark Star's Beretta AIWB holster (I forget the model name/number... "Orion?" "Cygnus?" "Gemini?" - something to do with stars....) should fit all the widths/trigger guards. I like that holster for that reason...

That said, I haven't had issues carrying a rounded trigger guard in my keepers holster (though the brig slides are too wide).
    Excellent! As always, I truly appreciate your advice on the Beretta's. I'm probably going to snag one of your rear sights for it, if I'm brave enough to try and replace the existing rear. I really like the sight picture you created.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yes, it does have wood grips. Are they rare or something? Do you need them for a Beretta of yours?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Langdon Tactical, including the thin G10 grips that I like so much.
    I don't need them. It's just twice as sexy with wood, so you suck even more.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I've always wanted an SB. I've never actually seen one in person... but that silvery, glossy blue finish just looks spectacular in pics.

User Tag List