Thread: FNP-40 Kind Of Departure For Me

FNP-40 Kind Of Departure For Me

I had a passel of .40 caliber ammo left from a former pistol.........so when I ran into this FNP-40 and the price was right, I brought it home with me. I've never had an FMP before but have heard good things about the platform. What can you tell me about them?

Name:  FNP-40_02.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  FNP-40_03.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  66.0 KB

Site Supporter
    The high power and the latest FN handgun, the 509 are both pretty decent guns.

Everything in between, the BDM, FNP, FNX and FNS have been problematic.

Have fun with it at the range. Not for serious use.

Site Supporter
    I have had a few of these pistols including the one you have. None was spectacular. In some inserting the magazine required manipulating it a certain way. I had the impression that this series was designed by a committee that excluded shooters. Unless policy has changed, FN would not sell parts, and repairs had to be done by FN. I think the Browning Service Dept now services these weapons. Trade and resale value on these pistols is very low. So if you bought it cheap, and you feel comfortable with this pistol, then you are in good shape. Once I saw a factory manual on this series, and if my dim mind is working, protocol required replacing various springs frequently. Over the years I investigated various handgun series by buying specimens, shooting them, trading them, and buying more of the same. None within this series gave me confidence. I lack credentials other than having studied handguns since my youth and having owned a sinful number. I suggest that you test fire this weapon about 300 times, and if you decide to keep it, do this. Clean it, lube copiously, clean magazines, and then load it with good ammo. Now you will have a good house gun. If you put a light on it, you should test fire with light installed.

Thank you.........

Thanks for the info gents................

User Tag List