Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 317 Snub

317 Snub

I picked this up on a whim and just hit the range. Worked nothing but fast head shots at 3-7 yards. Oh dear lord I am hooked. Super reliable so far. Trigger is better than I expected and my poor arthritic hands absolutely love it. It will be seeing pocket, and ankle duty in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I might need one for my wife

I’ve kicked around getting one of those or a 43C as a trainer for my 642.

How do you like those grips compared to the Hogue Bantams for a minimum weight gun?

I've had the 3" adjustable sighted version for years and love it. Local shop had one of those snubs in on consignment last time I checked... might need to check again...

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    How do you like those grips compared to the Hogue Bantams for a minimum weight gun?
    I have a 342 with the Bantams....because it hurts to shoot. They are sticky but serve a purpose on a sub 11 ounce .38. This will be a pocket gun and deep concealment gun and the hard textured grips don’t hang up. Recoil is non existent so they don’t need any cushioning.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

If you're in the market for a speedloader and want to make that thing more fun, get a Speed Beez and loading block. It's a great set-up.

The ammo is short enough to lack leverage and bullets light enough to have a hard time fighting the retention spring that it holds onto ammo very well. Even when droped from waist-height, I haven't found it to dump cartdidges beyond maybe one or two. When loading, the pistons all fully seat the cartridges where any other loader requires you to circle the back of the cylinder with your thumb to seat them and avoid rubbing the recoil plate or preventing the cylinder closing.

Popping the empty loader onto a blocked circle of fresh cartridges and having it immediately ready is oddly satisfying, as well.

The Speed Beez doesn't always fit on the person given the snub's mission statement but is a worthwhile investment even if just for the range. Just remember to periodically check the machine screw holding the two halves together and maybe kiss it with a dot of Loctite. At least on the LCR model, it'll interfere with loading a bit and be caught before fully backing out as a nice unintentional feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I picked this up on a whim and just hit the range. Worked nothing but fast head shots at 3-7 yards. Oh dear lord I am hooked. Super reliable so far. Trigger is better than I expected and my poor arthritic hands absolutely love it. It will be seeing pocket, and ankle duty in the future.
    Did it come with that hammer, or did the guy you told me about swap it out for you?

Nice pistola!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I've had the 3" adjustable sighted version for years and love it. Local shop had one of those snubs in on consignment last time I checked... might need to check again...
    Every once in awhile, I start to feel that a 3-in alloy J frame would be just the thing. This is another one of those times.

I should go coonfinger my Browning 1911-22 for awhile and hope the feeling passes.

Or maybe I should have both, just for completeness.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    If you're in the market for a speedloader and want to make that thing more fun, get a Speed Beez and loading block. It's a great set-up.
    I have that set up for the LCR .22 and it is a hoot.

User Tag List