That's a fair point. The firing pin broke in a post-recall compact 9mm RX slide that I bought directly from Sig. It was the original firing pin that came with that slide.

I pulled the broken pin from that slide and put it in a spare non-RX slide that I use for dry fire practice only. This is the in-tact slide you see in the picture (I took the picture before swapping the firing pin assemblies). It's from an early 9mm compact when Sig was trying to make them as light as possible. I've read that they were trying to get the guns to run reliably with some lightweight frangible ammo, but who knows. They've since stopped making lightening cuts in the compact slides. The two slides recoil very differently, and I greatly prefer the recoil impulse of the heavier slide. I have not experienced a stoppage with either version.

Sig has been making significant rolling changes like this at least as long as I've been paying attention (roughly 2007), and not just with the 320.

RE: Keeping a spare firing pin

I am going to keep a spare firing pin assembly, which is about $40. I don't want to deal with swapping out those tiny levers and spring on the range!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk