Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You're on your own.

Site Supporter

You're on your own.

There are still some among us who are so naïve they believe the system will somehow protect them. One of the hardest things for a lot of modern people to accept and internalize is the fact that no one is coming to save you and that you alone are responsible for your safety and security.

Here is a perfect example. Gary Ridgway was convicted as the “Green River Killer”, one of the most prolific serial murderers in US history. When captured, to avoid the death penalty, he agreed to lead authorities to many unrecovered bodies of his victims. He was convicted of 49 (yes, 49) murders and sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. Last week a committee voted 5/4 against releasing him from prison so he wouldn’t be at risk to catch the Corona virus.

There is no doubt that he killed more than 49 people and he likely would re-offend if released. Only one vote kept him from being released. The people who voted to release him don’t give a rat’s ass about you.

Apparently, they don't care about their own (families) either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It is really sad that the vote was that narrow, I'd say I'm surprised but I'm not. I keep telling my brother to leave that cesspool. Oh well, at least he got a good crash course with Mr. Givens, SN, and Dr. Aprill last year and is working to continue his education and skills.

Really incredible. I try to understand what motivates people to reach conclusions, even if I strongly disagree. In this case, I’m having a hard time. How could 4 intelligent people think it would be a good idea to put this evil guy back amongst us, after what we know he did?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Really incredible. I try to understand what motivates people to reach conclusions, even if I strongly disagree. In this case, I’m having a hard time. How could 4 intelligent people think it would be a good idea to put this evil guy back amongst us, after what we know he did?
    Just when he was turning his life around...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'll take a shot: it's Franz Boas and virtue signaling.

A (partial) history of virtue signaling might begin with Franz Boas (1858-1942), the cultural relativist. Those of his students who continued in academia had students and their students had students. As time passed and these people spread throughout the various colleges and universities it became increasingly acceptable to assert that everybody is equal, and thus fairness must require equal results. The next step was Participation Trophies (everybody is equal, got it?), and thence to where we are now: a graduate of some public college gender studies program makes herself free to insist her opinion is fully the equal of people who have spent a lifetime in that field. She may get exposed for the twit she is, but never mind . . . she got professional creds for virtue signaling. Due to Franz Boas and his multiple generations of followers, virtue signaling is now required for professional advancement in almost any field. And that, sir, is why four intelligent people would vote to place that smegma back amongst us: It is to their perceived benefit to do so.

Here is a free add-on: Anarcho-Tyranny (a term coined by Samuel T. Francis (1947-2005), which posits that we, as a society, refuse to control criminals (that's the anarchy) so we control the innocent (the tyranny). For example, we close stores, deny peaceable assembly, and drive many small businesses to bankruptcy while at the same time we release even the worse sort of criminals back into society (the anarchy).

The difference between virtue signaling and anarcho-tyranny is one of degree, not of kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Last week a committee voted 5/4 against releasing him from prison so he wouldn’t be at risk to catch the Corona virus.
    One of my favorite quotes: "Nothing surprises me anymore, but I am still amazed on occasion."

Pretty damn amazing, really.

The great state of Washington will not be out liberal-ed by California or any other shit hole. Our Governor is pissed that some sheriffs will not enforce closed parks yet the fucktard just released 900+ "community members" and does not see that as a danger.

Our AG has sued the Trump administration 50 times already. Fortunately only 3 counties are real bad although they have all the population.

We have an activist, social justice oriented supreme court and it is going downhill.

Just sickening.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    It made so little sense to me I decided to research it a a bit and the simple answer is: That's not what happened.

The original post of "a committee voted 5/4 against releasing him from prison so he wouldn’t be at risk to catch the Corona virus" makes it sound like a parole board or the like looked at his specific case to see if he should walk free.

The "committee" was the state's Supreme Court. The lawsuit was a request for a Writ of Mandumus pertaining to taking "adequate measures" to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which could include releasing some prisoners who met certain criteria but was never about a no-questions-asked mass release.

PDF of court's denial: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-4-23-2020.pdf

They wanted the high court to compel the governor and Secretary of Corrections Steve Sinclair to bolster health and safety by releasing many inmates older than 50; those with an underlying health issue including pregnancy or mental illness; and those with 18 months or less remaining on their sentences.

Serial killer Gary Ridgway and former death row inmates like Byron Scherf, who murdered Monroe corrections officer Jayme Biendl, are among those who fall into one or more of those categories. Under questioning from justices, Straley said he has never taken the position that everyone on the lists should be let out.
    - https://www.heraldnet.com/news/supre...e-to-covid-19/

So, in short, I think there's much more to the story then some committee narrowly avoided saying a serial killer must walk free. A much more accurate portrayal would be "court narrowly decides to not order state's DOC to review and improve COVID-19 procedures." That's boring, though, and doesn't get clicks so that's not how it gets reported.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List