Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

What is everyone running for a red dot? I'm tempted to just do irons...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sig Romeo 5, it has become my favorite cheap red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    What is everyone running for a red dot? I'm tempted to just do irons...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I had a CompM5 on it mounted in a Scalarworks mount then switched it to a lrp mount I had sitting around. Then I saw a Sig Romeo 5 on sale for dirt cheap and figured I’d give that a try. I don’t have many rounds through it but the dot is actually a little more crisp than an Aimpoint I don’t know why but it is. It’s also a slimmer housing which I like but you could get the same in an H or T series Aimpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I’m interested to play with one of the romeos. Some friends have had good luck with the Vortex crossfire T-1 knockoff so I sort of consider that the best budget red dot, but I’m SIG curious these days. I definitely would not run irons on anything that had the potential to be put into service.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I’m interested to play with one of the romeos. Some friends have had good luck with the Vortex crossfire T-1 knockoff so I sort of consider that the best budget red dot, but I’m SIG curious these days. I definitely would not run irons on anything that had the potential to be put into service.
    I have both a romeo 5 and a crossfire. Not a ton of mileage on either, but between the two I prefer the lower 1/3 mount that comes with the crossfire. The Romeo 5 comes with an absolute.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @LittleLebowski I have a few questions about them those projectiles if you don't mind.

How do they shoot out to 100-150? I can't answer that yet.
    Are you running them with a suppressor attached? Yup, Vox S and Vox K.
    Are they reasonably clean? Yup.
    Does the coating cause additional smoke? Nope.

Thanks. Did these guys acquire Leather Head projectiles? I notices the name on the golden brown variant and am wondering because i couldn't find Leather Head anymore when I looked for them a bit back.
    Answers inline and yes, they acquired Leatherhead. @dsa
    #RESIST

Thanks for everyone's recommendations on here for mags, just snagged a bunch of lancer 20 rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I also have a couple, and need a handful more.

Okay, I'll check out the Romeo5.

I'm still seriously considering the Primary Arms/Holosun HS503G with the ACSS reticle. - https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

The fact that they have kind of figured out the BDC for a 50-yard zero with .300BLK super and subs - if my supers and subs hit close to the same at 50 - I should be able to swap ammo without needing a different zero. I can probably zero at 25 and figure out how close the BDC dots are at other distances with subs and supers. The good news is - at 25 the subs and supers shouldn't be different POI pretty much at all.

Plus the horseshoe should work nice for a hold-over at close range. Though I don't know how much hold-over will be needed with a 5.5" Rattler.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Okay, I'll check out the Romeo5.

I'm still seriously considering the Primary Arms/Holosun HS503G with the ACSS reticle. - https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

The fact that they have kind of figured out the BDC for a 50-yard zero with .300BLK super and subs - if my supers and subs hit close to the same at 50 - I should be able to swap ammo without needing a different zero. I can probably zero at 25 and figure out how close the BDC dots are at other distances with subs and supers. The good news is - at 25 the subs and supers shouldn't be different POI pretty much at all.

Plus the horseshoe should work nice for a hold-over at close range. Though I don't know how much hold-over will be needed with a 5.5" Rattler.
    With something as short as the rattler and the loss in velocity this might not work but...if you send 125s out at around 2050fps and zero at 25-27yrds that gives you a 50yrd zero with subs @~1050fps. The ~25 yrd super zero gives you a second at ~200 yrds according to jbm ballistics. I haven’t tested the second zero, but the ~25yrd super/50yrd sub checks good from my 8-9” barrels.

I’m not convinced that this is the best super zero, but with a single dot, it is the only thing I have found that works.

User Tag List