Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    Same. It does appear to have some sort of continuous taper, but how heavy? Why no MK2 upper? I wonder if there's plans for a 1:5" twist to compete directly with the Sig/Daniel Defense offerings.

For over 6 months, I've been on the email notification for every single BCM upper with a MK2 upper, including the stripped upper, and I've never gotten an email. I suspect they're perpetually OOS on the MK2 due to keeping up with the current market or some other thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    Same. It does appear to have some sort of continuous taper, but how heavy? Why no MK2 upper? I wonder if there's plans for a 1:5" twist to compete directly with the Sig/Daniel Defense offerings.
    This should read Sig/Q and not Daniel Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    For over 6 months, I've been on the email notification for every single BCM upper with a MK2 upper, including the stripped upper, and I've never gotten an email. I suspect they're perpetually OOS on the MK2 due to keeping up with the current market or some other thing going on.
    Holy moly....cheers to Paul Buffoni!

I too have noticed the mk2 is pretty scarce. Too bad it's not an easily swapped part.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 09-17-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Anyone have any gas port data on the 300 BO in terms of optimal standards for different barrel lengths?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I got one notification for a 9" 300 MK2. I was literally sitting at my desk when the e-mail popped up, and it would have been physically impossible to click the link any faster, but by the time the page loaded it was already sold out.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Six boxes of 110gr Tac-TX component bullets available over here for a reasonable price.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s#Post16434372

I'm not affiliated.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Current state of my 7.5” 300:

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Current state of my 7.5” 300:

I hated the BCM mini grip.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I hated the BCM mini grip.

Tell us about the foam and brace-like thing on the buffer tube.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Tell us about the foam and brace-like thing on the buffer tube.
    I can't remember where the foam came from. I think I ordered it on Amazon. I had to sand it flat on the top so the charging handle clears.

The brace is a DoubleStar Strongarm pistol brace. It's super solid and made of aluminum, and is as short as possible while using a standard length buffer system.

Can someone explain ballistic performance out of the following barrel lengths, for three possibilities:

A) Subs
    B) Subs through a silencer
    C) Supers, no silencer

It’s possible there’s not much difference ballistically between subs and subs through a silencer. I don’t know what I don’t know.

Wondering how these three (or two if silenced subs = subs) perform in following barrel lengths:

7.5”
    9”
    10.5”
    16”

Mostly curious about what the effective max range is for a mammal like a man or deer?
    How well they do through cover like an automobile?
    What kind of bullet drop you have to consider toward the end of effective range. Example, maybe supers drop 10” at 300 yards but suns drop 90”, just made those numbers up.

Im wondering how well a 7.5” or 9” works around vehicles, and whether you’d prefer to use subs or supers around vehicles. Assuming you’d be unsuppressed and it’d be a PDW type role. Which round would you use and if you did need to push out to distance, how far could you go? Or do you have a mix of mags depending on range?

For a GP suppressed gun, it seems like 9” or 10.5” might be optimal to get that MP5SD type role that can also push out further. Any shorter and you have unburnt powder even in subs and do wear to silencer. Any longer and it’s a musket.

Then wondering about a 16” gun, which to me makes sense as either a 16” unsuppressed AR15 or a 16” bolt action with QD silencer. Because maybe you want to take a really accurate silenced shot, and the musket-like qualities are less onerous when talking about shooting a bolt gun on a bipod while prone.

Also wondering which combinations make no sense. For example if running a 16” unsuppressed AR15, then I’d guess subs make no sense at all. And if running an AR15 with silencer, anything longer than 10.5” doesn’t make sense to me, too long. But I think if hunting deer, a 16” unsuppressed running supers might make sense.

If running a 7.5 or 9” PDW unsuppressed setup, I’m not sure if you want to run subs or supers exclusively or have a mix depending on distance. I’d assume small barrel lengths would have too much unburnt powder on supers. But maybe you run a 20 round mag in the gun with subs for close work and have a 30 round with supers to reach out?

I’m new to the cartridge and trying to figure out what makes sense. What barrel lengths and what rounds did which applications?

User Tag List