Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Remington/ Barnes 120 gr open tip in 160 rd buckets back in stock at TargetsportsUSA this morning. 0.86 per round...
    It’s gone already

BARNES!!!!

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/barn...-p-109457.aspx

Decided to get a case, I should have enough now...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    BARNES!!!!

Check that ammo before you run it, in the past I’ve found flipped primers and high primers. I have blown a few primers out of the cases. It’s not a head space issue with my barrel, I’m running a AAC barrel purchased through AAC that passes go/no go and field gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Check that ammo before you run it, in the past I’ve found flipped primers and high primers. I have blown a few primers out of the cases. It’s not a head space issue with my barrel, I’m running a AAC barrel purchased through AAC that passes go/no go and field gauges.

Thanks for the heads up.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Interesting. When Barnes started producing the stuff, it was marketed as being assembled by Barnes with match-grade quality control. At some point, it started being run at the UMC plant, and a lot of batches have even shipped with Rem head stamps.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

BARNES!!!!

Yikes. Case price has gone up $30 since I bought some a month ago.

(Apparently, there is an election soon. Or maybe some political/other turmoil happening. One would think such things would be on the news headlines . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Interesting. When Barnes started producing the stuff, it was marketed as being assembled by Barnes with match-grade quality control. At some point, it started being run at the UMC plant, and a lot of batches have even shipped with Rem head stamps.
    I was able to source it locally in the past for fairly low cost. I stopped purchasing it after the 3rd blown primer and flipped primer in 2 boxes with the same lot numbers. This was over 2 years ago and i do not recall the head stamps on the cases. I want to say they were Hornady head stamps because I threw out all of my 300blk Hornady brass I was saving for reloading right after this @ 600 count. The Barnes loading was the only 300blk super I was able to source at that time. Had tons of UMC 220gr available but I needed supers for a pig hunt.
    @HCM may recall, he was on the range with me when it happened.

AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    I was able to source it locally in the past for fairly low cost. I stopped purchasing it after the 3rd blown primer and flipped primer in 2 boxes with the same lot numbers. This was over 2 years ago and i do not recall the head stamps on the cases. I want to say they were Hornady head stamps because I threw out all of my 300blk Hornady brass I was saving for reloading right after this @ 600 count. The Barnes loading was the only 300blk super I was able to source at that time. Had tons of UMC 220gr available but I needed supers for a pig hunt.
    @HCM may recall, he was on the range with me when it happened.

I do recall that, as well as the issues you had with Freedom Munitions 300 ammo prior to that.

Site Supporter
    BARNES!!!!

Out of stock

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Suppose a guy had a 7.5-in .300 BLK barrel that he wasn't going to use because it turned out that an 8-in barrel was required for his preferred muzzle device to clear his preferred handguard. Where best to sell it? Wade into the swamp of arfcom?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List