Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Oh yeah...loading shotguns is a whole different concept when it comes to “quantities”. Lol. Thank you though! In response to your post, I went into the shop to see what was lurking on the back of the shelf. Found a sealed 4lb of Clays. Obviously from my days of shotgun loading too. Looking at the label, I see it lists .44spl on it!! Maybe It has found a new life outside of collecting dust! Speaking of dust, I got a 20ga Hornady 366 that’s sat in a box for nearly 20 years now...interested? Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Speaking of dust, I got a 20ga Hornady 366 that’s sat in a box for nearly 20 years now...interested? Lol
    Better stick with just the Dillon I have, it might be fun to have a second setup but I am running out of bench space!!!!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Got my tracking notice for 3x500 of the Speers this morning. <$200 shipped to me. Seller is currently sold out.

Go to gun.deals, set up back in stock notices on all the sites that have it for cheap, and then wait for your inbox to blow up. Most of them are getting it from the same one or two distributors, so you'll probably get a bunch of notices at once.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Got my notice for TNTs to be here today (Midway doesn't fuck around with shipping).

Using my not ghetto/ghetto ass brass cutting technique - I've cut down 150-pieces of 5.56 brass for forming and loading.

Also, expecting a big box from Missouri Bullet Co. any day now, but that's for other things.

Gonna be a busy weekend for reloading this weekend.

Site Supporter
    Anyone have a good barrel recommendation in the 8/8.3/8.5 inch range? I am in the process of putting together a 300 sbr and struggling to come up with the right combo of parts. Original plan was an 8.5" Noveske barrel, but I have no idea how long it will be before I can get my hands on one of those.

I went with one of these

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Gr...-300SBRPG8RT7/

Found it for <$190 shipped using gun.deals.

Haven't shot it yet, but after visual inspection, I'm quite pleased so far. Still waiting for some tools to arrive.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I've had an AAC 9" PDW complete upper for years. I know almost nothing about it, except it's brand new. I remember looking on GB several years back and they were going for stupid $$, like $1200 stupid. More recently I haven't seen one for sale at all. Is this something worth putting to use, or is there something about it that makes it collectible?

Reading y'all's PDW threads made me remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Anyone have a good barrel recommendation in the 8/8.3/8.5 inch range? I am in the process of putting together a 300 sbr and struggling to come up with the right combo of parts. Original plan was an 8.5" Noveske barrel, but I have no idea how long it will be before I can get my hands on one of those.
    I went with this but when I got it a few years ago it was 8.5. Now I only see an 8” version.
    https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...=5ee82848900bc

I’d be perfectly content with something from DSG Arms/Aero Precision/Ballistic Advantage. Just make sure the twist rate gives you at least one full revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I've had an AAC 9" PDW complete upper for years. I know almost nothing about it, except it's brand new. I remember looking on GB several years back and they were going for stupid $$, like $1200 stupid. More recently I haven't seen one for sale at all. Is this something worth putting to use, or is there something about it that makes it collectible?

Reading y'all's PDW threads made me remember it.
    Heck of a time to sell right now if you decide to. Use the advanced search on GB and look for closed auctions. I find sorting by highest number of bids first usually brings up the actual sales effectively. I don't know any particulars of that setup, but my instinct is the prices you saw were brand fanboy buyers. It's quite possible that twist rates, gas port sizing, and rails have all advanced since it was the hotness. I'd want a shorter barrel myself.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Just make sure the twist rate gives you at least one full revolution.
    That's a nonsensical criteria, that may be right by coincidence in certain circumstances, like the two times a day a broken clock is right on. It's not that there aren't good barrels that satisfy it, it's that it implies things are connected in a way that they aren't. At all.

If you have a 16-inch barrel, is a 16-inch twist rate OK for .300 BLK?

Pistol-cartridge barrels are generally rifled with twist rates several times longer than a typical pistol barrel and it doesn't impair their accuracy. Would a J frame snubby be improved in any way if the twist changed from whatever it is (1:18, maybe) to 1:2?
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Heck of a time to sell right now if you decide to. Use the advanced search on GB and look for closed auctions. I find sorting by highest number of bids first usually brings up the actual sales effectively. I don't know any particulars of that setup, but my instinct is the prices you saw were brand fanboy buyers. It's quite possible that twist rates, gas port sizing, and rails have all advanced since it was the hotness. I'd want a shorter barrel myself.
    OK, let me find that thing so I'm sure which version I have if there's more than one, and I'll do some looking and post the info on components here so y'all can dissect it.

User Tag List