Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Site Supporter

Wilson Combat 110 gr. Barnes TAC-TX cartridges in stock

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/300-BLK...BLK-110-TACTX/

This has been reviewed as being some of the highest velocity and most accurate (smallest groups) available in supersonic 300 BLK.
    And it’s offered at a more reasonable price than other 110 gr TAC-TX has been lately.
    I got 100 rds for just under $200 shipped.

Site Supporter
    I feel like I only post reloading stuff here, but I figure there has to be a number of 300 blk shooters who load and find this useful. Me and a friend just tested a number of 200 grain Makers expanding subsonics. They were quite impressive, fairly accurate and opened up in gel with incredible consistency (think HST level consistency). Paul, the owner, reached out to me after I had asked a couple questions on a 300 BLK facebook page and was very helpful. He even called me before shipping my order as my address is a little strange, and he wanted to make sure it was correct.

I worked up a load of 12.5 grains of CFEBLK loaded to 2.15" and it has been working very well in my 7" rifle. If anyone loads their own ammo and is looking for a great subsonic option, I highly recommend them. Even using new starline brass, the price isn't bad for an all copper expanding subsonic, especially since I'm not really shooting a ton of them. I bought enough to get the free shipping (4 boxes of 50) and I expect that will last me for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I feel like I only post reloading stuff here, but I figure there has to be a number of 300 blk shooters who load and find this useful. Me and a friend just tested a number of 200 grain Makers expanding subsonics. They were quite impressive, fairly accurate and opened up in gel with incredible consistency (think HST level consistency). Paul, the owner, reached out to me after I had asked a couple questions on a 300 BLK facebook page and was very helpful. He even called me before shipping my order as my address is a little strange, and he wanted to make sure it was correct.

I worked up a load of 12.5 grains of CFEBLK loaded to 2.15" and it has been working very well in my 7" rifle. If anyone loads their own ammo and is looking for a great subsonic option, I highly recommend them. Even using new starline brass, the price isn't bad for an all copper expanding subsonic, especially since I'm not really shooting a ton of them. I bought enough to get the free shipping (4 boxes of 50) and I expect that will last me for awhile.
    Their prices seem great for monolithic bullet construction.

Any idea what kind of velocity you're getting?

Any links to the gel test results? I don't follow any of this stuff on Facebook.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Their prices seem great for monolithic bullet construction.

Any idea what kind of velocity you're getting?

Any links to the gel test results? I don't follow any of this stuff on Facebook.
    Yeah, not bad at all price-wise. I did some load development and got just under 1050 FPS with 12.5 grains of CFEblk. I haven't really posted anything, it was just informal (ie. non-scientific) testing that we did. I bought a block of clear ballistics gel awhile ago and decided these would be a good thing to try in them. We were geting about 15-16" penetration with full expansion. I'll see if I can post some pictures here.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

TAC-TX component bullets in stock.

https://www.natchezss.com/barnes-tip...xfb-50-ct.html
    Not another dime.

A run of CVA Scout pistols in .300 BLK just hit dealers. Dahlonega has free shipping and under $300. They were up in the $500-600 range on GB this time last year.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/043125807024

I can probably pay for this by selling a Contender barrel I've been on the edge about keeping.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 06-27-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I'm taking this as a major sign that things are returning to normal - 110gr VOR-TX in stock at TSUSA for the low price of $1.84/rd. I picked up some Hornady Sub-X there a few weeks ago.

So....if dedicated .300 magazines are preferred for subsonic, does that mean 5.56 mags should be avoided completely for subs?

I'm in a ban state with a ton of grandfathered 5.56 high caps but I'm limited to 10-rounds for anything new. Thinking about getting into .300 Blackout but only if I can run both subs and supers in my existing 5.56 mags.

User Tag List