Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

I'm so cheap I just paint '300 BLK' on the port cover :-).

Site Supporter
    Just way overpaid, but have 200 rounds of 110gr Barnes coming for my soon to arrive DD PDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Just way overpaid, but have 200 rounds of 110gr Barnes coming for my soon to arrive DD PDW.
    Congrats on even finding any. The Barnes load is scarce as hen's teeth. And pretty much any 300BLK factory stuff is just nuts right now.

And even bigger congrats on the DD PDW. You're gonna like it. And it likes the Barnes load.

You did good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Congrats on even finding any. The Barnes load is scarce as hen's teeth. And pretty much any 300BLK factory stuff is just nuts right now.

And even bigger congrats on the DD PDW. You're gonna like it. And it likes the Barnes load.

You did good.
    Yeah I picked a shitty time to get into a new caliber.

In light of all the PDW threads and discussion recently I decided to run try something: fire 1 round of 5.56, without ears, from a 12.5 barrel. It has a YHM single port brake on the end, and usually a YHM Turbo K on top of that.

I wanted to know what I could expect if I ever popped off a round without the can.

Holy. Shit. I've shot a 16" braked rifle before while hunting and it wasn't even in the same league. The 12.5 induced actual pain. I heard "BA..eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Never heard the rest of the shot, just ringing.

All this to say... I'll be putting a flash hider on the 12.5, and avoid at all costs shooting without a can, or without ears.

Can't imagine shooting an 8" rifle with a brake on the end.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    In light of all the PDW threads and discussion recently I decided to run try something: fire 1 round of 5.56, without ears, from a 12.5 barrel......

I wanted to know what I could expect if I ever popped off a round without the can.....
    Did you by chance have a thing about touching stoves to see if they were hot when you were younger?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I got an in-stock notice from TargetSportsUSA on the load yesterday. It would have been ~1.37/rd shipped with Prime, if I remember right. That's not much worse than it was in the spring. Would have bought if I needed it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Bumping, because, Midway has Barnes 110gr Vortx TX .300BO in stock, in case anyone wants to pick up a few Pmagsful. Not cheap, but not really any worse than pre-shit pricing either, at 2 bucks a round (39 and change for 20 rounds).

FWIW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Bumping, because, Midway has Barnes 110gr Vortx TX .300BO in stock, in case anyone wants to pick up a few Pmagsful. Not cheap, but not really any worse than pre-shit pricing either, at 2 bucks a round (39 and change for 20 rounds).

FWIW.
    Thanks, snagged 5 boxes.

I've been buying the Barnes 5.56 Vor-Tx loads through Midway. They seem to be getting regular shipments. I recommend you sign up for notifications if you need something.

User Tag List