Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Thanks, snagged 5 boxes.

Site Supporter
    I picked up 700 of the 110gr Barnes bullets a few months ago to load. Anyone have a load they've been using to duplicate the factory ammo?

I'm getting out of .300BLK game, so if anyone is interested in my Lone Star Armory TX15 PDW let me know in PM and I'll send specs and pics.

Would come with 3 Magpul 30rd .300BLK mags (two still in package).

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I picked up 700 of the 110gr Barnes bullets a few months ago to load. Anyone have a load they've been using to duplicate the factory ammo?
    No, but I will. A buddy is going to show me the ropes. Let me see what he says.

https://wekickbrass.com/store/SigSau...FMJ-p281921036

In stock as of a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/barn...48-p-4401.aspx

Go! 90+ in stock as of 9:22am

200rd case and 20rd box available

AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/barn...48-p-4401.aspx

Go! 90+ in stock as of 9:22am

200rd case and 20rd box available

Yeah- I got that email, and saw it two hours too late...
    Don’t know WTF happened to the text notification I was supposed to get.

I’m going to be stalking TargetSports for the next few days...

Site Supporter
    So... I jumped into the .300 BLK game at pretty much the worst possible time.
    Good energy out of a short barrel led me to order an Aero 8 inch upper a couple weeks ago for what I thought was a reasonable price ($400).
    Then decided to build a complete AR pistol, so ordered a lower from PSA, a CH from Geissele (to match my other AR platforms), and back-order a nitride-coated Wilson Combat BCG from Optics Planet (we’ll see how that works out, as I’ve been pretty frustrated with Optics Planet back-orders in the past).
    So got some 147 gr FMJ from TargetSports by acting quickly, but missed out on the Barnes 110 gr TAC-TX last week.
    Then just decided to spend what was required to get an adequate supply of the Barnes 110 TAC-TX from this place:
    https://www.laxammo.com/rifle/barnes...s-21548-detail
    Ordering 80 rds, with shipping and tax, works out to $2.80 per rnd. That’s more than twice what I’ve ever paid for any cartridge.
    There were 360-some boxes available yesterday, and just over 100 when I made my order. Which is why I bit the bullet, so to speak. There’s a few left for those of you who are desperate.

I tried the 147 gr ammo, along with some 115 grain solid copper bullets through the 8” 300 upper with my Geissele lower last week.
    The 147s were fine, but the 115s were more blasty and unpleasant than any 5.56 out of the 11.5” upper I’d been using. Recoil was also more significant with the 115 gr ammo.

The Geissele Lower has a “Super 42” spring and an H3 buffer, so I don’t know what would mellow it out any more.
    The PSA lower that’s on the way to me has a standard carbine buffer.
    Any suggestions on changing spring and buffer in the new lower? Geissele apparently doesn’t recommend the super 42 spring with the H1, H2, or H3 buffer for subsonic 300 Blackout.
    I don’t have any specific plans to use subsonic, but if it would decrease the blast for indoor shooting, it might be appealing for home defense. And I may look at a can for the 300 BLK once my 5.56 can gets approved.
    So...
    Any recommendations for:
    - spring and buffer combos for my application
    - whether it makes any sense to supress supersonic 300 Barnes ammo
    - good, SHORT cans for 300 BLK

@Trigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    So... I jumped into the .300 BLK game at pretty much the worst possible time.
    Good energy out of a short barrel led me to order an Aero 8 inch upper a couple weeks ago for what I thought was a reasonable price ($400).
    Then decided to build a complete AR pistol, so ordered a lower from PSA, a CH from Geissele (to match my other AR platforms), and back-order a nitride-coated Wilson Combat BCG from Optics Planet (we’ll see how that works out, as I’ve been pretty frustrated with Optics Planet back-orders in the past).
    So got some 147 gr FMJ from TargetSports by acting quickly, but missed out on the Barnes 110 gr TAC-TX last week.
    Then just decided to spend what was required to get an adequate supply of the Barnes 110 TAC-TX from this place:
    https://www.laxammo.com/rifle/barnes...s-21548-detail
    Ordering 80 rds, with shipping and tax, works out to $2.80 per rnd. That’s more than twice what I’ve ever paid for any cartridge.
    There were 360-some boxes available yesterday, and just over 100 when I made my order. Which is why I bit the bullet, so to speak. There’s a few left for those of you who are desperate.

I tried the 147 gr ammo, along with some 115 grain solid copper bullets through the 8” 300 upper with my Geissele lower last week.
    The 147s were fine, but the 115s were more blasty and unpleasant than any 5.56 out of the 11.5” upper I’d been using. Recoil was also more significant with the 115 gr ammo.

The Geissele Lower has a “Super 42” spring and an H3 buffer, so I don’t know what would mellow it out any more.
    The PSA lower that’s on the way to me has a standard carbine buffer.
    Any suggestions on changing spring and buffer in the new lower? Geissele apparently doesn’t recommend the super 42 spring with the H1, H2, or H3 buffer for subsonic 300 Blackout.
    I don’t have any specific plans to use subsonic, but if it would decrease the blast for indoor shooting, it might be appealing for home defense. And I may look at a can for the 300 BLK once my 5.56 can gets approved.
    So...
    Any recommendations for:
    - spring and buffer combos for my application
    - whether it makes any sense to supress supersonic 300 Barnes ammo
    - good, SHORT cans for 300 BLK

@Trigger
    I have a 9” BCM 300 BLK upper. They recommend a H3 for supers and carbine for subsonic. I have an H2 and a Springco standard (white?) spring. So far, it has run both supers and subsonic with this set up. I think barrel manufacturers tend to run large on gas port sizing so that the gun will run over a wide spectrum of ammo velocities without changing buffers as suggested. This leads to blasts-ness and increased recoil with hot supersonic ammo like Barnes 110.

Personally, I find the report of my 11.5” 5.56 more objectionable than my 9” 300, but that is more about pitch.

I don’t want to change buffers and/or springs based on super or subs. I’m happy with a H2 and Springco standard. I realize that I might be leaving some optimization on the table.

Yes, to suppressing Barnes and other super ammo. It won’t be hearing safe, but it is still much more pleasant. I don’t really see the point of shooting subsonic without a can, but would certainly decrease blast indoors. Shooting subsonic with a can is pretty nice. I recently got some Hornady Sub-X to load for.

I’m happy with my Rugged Micro30. I wanted a short “K” can, but also wanted to use it for other louder things. It is ~5” in the short configuration and 6.5” in the long. I will say that it is markedly more quiet with the extra baffle in place. It generally stays in the long configuration, but that has more to do with that I am using it on other hosts and don’t want to take it apart each time.

User Tag List