Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Aero Precision replied, and told me that an H2 or H3 buffer should work in that upper for supersonic loads (I had specifically mentioned Barnes 110 gr TAC-TX in my request for info), but that I should “evaluate it first.”

So not much help from Aero.
    I have a Ballistic Advantage 8.3 inch (Aero and BA are sister companies so the components are the same) upper and I am running an H2 buffer, with a law folder. It has run great so far. It throws the brass 10-15 feet at 3 o'clock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I have a Ballistic Advantage 8.3 inch (Aero and BA are sister companies so the components are the same) upper and I am running an H2 buffer, with a law folder. It has run great so far. It throws the brass 10-15 feet at 3 o'clock.
    Thank you! That’s much more helpful than the reply from Aero.
    When all my parts arrive, I’ll report my experience with an H3, with and without an increased-resistance buffer spring.

.300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thank you! That’s much more helpful than the reply from Aero.
    When all my parts arrive, I’ll report my experience with an H3, with and without an increased-resistance buffer spring.
    From AAC

Base line operation info if built to their spec. Great starting point and ammo information on the bottom left in red (bullet/coal) for the reloaders.

EDIT: direct link since the pics are crap/blurry

https://www.advanced-armament.com/as...er-MiniBro.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Here is some good reloading info. This was for a bolt action 300BLK, but after doing some readi, appears to be the best discussion of 300BLK reloading results, accuracy and considerations.

https://rifleshooter.com/2016/06/300...-and-imr-4227/
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I loaded up a few 110 grain V-Max bullets over ~18 grain Ramshot Enforcer. They fed fine and ejected about 10-15 feet at 3 O'Clock. I could definitely tell they were supersonic, I need to load a batch and take them to the range and shoot for a group.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Here is some good reloading info. This was for a bolt action 300BLK, but after doing some readi, appears to be the best discussion of 300BLK reloading results, accuracy and considerations.

https://rifleshooter.com/2016/06/300...-and-imr-4227/
    He gets one group that's less than half the size of the next best group, and about a third the size of third place, and doesn't follow up to see if it was repeatable before going to "press." Kinda disappointing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Hornady 110 gr. V-Max is starting to pop up in stock at $25 to $33 per box of 100, but it's selling out in 30 minutes or less. Keep your eyes peeled.

Site Supporter

Barnes 110 Grain TAC-TX in stock at Midway

In stock since noon today

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001895644?pid=430384

Not cheap, but the only ones for sale in the country right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    He gets one group that's less than half the size of the next best group, and about a third the size of third place, and doesn't follow up to see if it was repeatable before going to "press." Kinda disappointing.
    I agree.

He also made the classic mistake of throwing too many bullets and too many powders into his "load development" project. Which means he scratched the surface on several things, but uncovered final truth on none. What's the old saw... a mile wide and an inch deep.

And his perambulations on twist rates, and his belief that the twist rate needed to stabilize heavy subsonic bullets makes finding accurate supersonic loads difficult... is a bit overdone.

The .300 AAC Blackout is not a particularly difficult round to load for.

Name:  Berger1.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  60.0 KB

Site Supporter
    In the last month starline has had 300 blk brass available on backorder. I placed an order about 3 weeks ago and it shipped out today. I have a decent amount of brass, and obviously you can convert most 5.56/223 brass, but I have some 110 barnes and 200 Makers that I wanted to load, and figured I would try to get some new brass to load them up with.

If you can wait a bit, anytime they have the backorder open, you should get brass fairly quickly.

User Tag List