Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Where best to sell it? Wade into the swamp of arfcom?
    Gads, the way things are I would at least post it here for a little while first.
    Good reason to be a site supporter if you are not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've gotten a couple back-in-stock notices for Speer 4725 packs the last couple days. Places where they are <$70/box of 500. Use gun.deals to find them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Midway has 500 packs of Speer TNT 125 gr for $80. Free shipping code is: CAMOTUESDAY2020

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Midway has 500 packs of Speer TNT 125 gr for $80. Free shipping code is: CAMOTUESDAY2020
    Thanks! Still in stock, I got Qty500.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Thanks - got 1000 to feed the 300 BO.

Yesterday I got one of these in 16":
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...?sku=100026133
    so I will be in business on a carbine upper to go with my Ruger Ranch and PSA pistol upper, part of my motivation for getting mo bullets last night.

If nothing else it sure is a pretty black finish.

Site Supporter
    MidSouth has some Barnes 110 projectiles in stock so I got 150 and loaded them up with H110. Prefer factory but I guess my reloads will have to do for the 300 BO PDW.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yesterday I got one of these in 16":
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...?sku=100026133
    so I will be in business on a carbine upper to go with my Ruger Ranch and PSA pistol upper, part of my motivation for getting mo bullets last night.

If nothing else it sure is a pretty black finish.
    Inspect that Faxon very, very carefully. I've had a few in my hands. I found that the best price I could come up with on a Wilson Combat and a Criterion made the higher-quality barrels a no-brainer compared to the best price I could come up with for the Faxon.

Example

Note that you get 10 percent back on credit toward future orders (at least as a logged-in customer, at this time), and Optics Planet frequently has discount codes for another 10-15% off the top, or roughly equivalent flat amounts such as $15 off a $150 order.

In the cases of the barrels I ordered when I ordered them, I did have to wait a little while for them to come in stock, but not as long as I've been waiting for Faxon to make more so they can send me the second replacement for a defective part, after the first replacement was also defective.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Inspect that Faxon very, very carefully.
    I remember now you posting about an issue, what was the thread so I can review?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....stomer-service

It turned out the replacement barrel they sent had issues as well, which were not as obvious, but when I started checking more closely before assembly, became clear. Sent them some pics and they agreed that it is not right and offered to replace it, but they apparently have not run that SKU again, as I am still waiting for the replacement barrel.

Before discovering the issues with that barrel, I picked up another Faxon barrel, a 7.5-inch .300 BLK. It seems to be usable, except that my preferred muzzle device won't clear my preferred handguard with a 7.5. (I apparently made some bad assumptions about lengths of various handguards when making measurements before ordering.) That's why I bought a WC 8-inch barrel. It's way nicer, and was only about $70 more.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List