Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Site Supporter
    Anyone here have experience with the DSG Arms upper receiver groups?

They have an 8" .300 BLK that caught my attention, in no small part due to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Good to keep filed away.

I believe at this point the .300BLK specific defensive rounds are the Barnes, Hornady GMX, and the Sig 120-grains - All of which are all copper. Have you guys had the opportunity to test any of the Sig offerings in .300BLK?
    Got a few boxes of Barnes in during my lookout for SouthNarc. Still keeping my eye out for more available.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    For duty/defensive use, standard .30 cal bullets designed for 7.62x51mm and .30-06 are NOT optimal for .300 BLK--ogive is not right, nor is designed upset velocity.
    It seems only a few bullets work well with 300. The all copper, designed specifically for the caliber, is what I’d use for defense. Everything else is just a quest to get good functioning training ammo. The TNTs seem to hit the right spot for cost and function.

$2/round + shipping if you GOTTA HAVE that Barnes 110

https://triggerdepot.com/product/bar...tsx-flat-base/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    We talked about a bolt gun somewhere. Stumbled upon this option.

AAC barrel for Seven/700 for $150. It appears to be the barrel used on factory Model Seven rifles chambered in .300 BLK.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/remington...l#.Xsngi2hKiHs

Add it to an inexpensive .223 receiver (maybe you have an unused one sitting around) or just a receiver only https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/047700273471 and off you go.

I'd probably wait until Magpul releases its AICS-compatible mag for 5.56 later this year and throw it in a Hunter stock.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...g105-56ac.html

Sez: "Accepts cartridge overall length (COAL) of up to 2.39”."

That's actually a pretty compelling setup vs. the Howa. Would end up running more than the Ruger American if you go the Magpul route, but you'd have a pretty nice stock.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Awesome, I came across 10 brand new 20-round Thermolds this evening when I was moving a box of stuff in my storage unit. Nothing quite like opening a box and finding some gold. I dunno when I bought these, probably 2012’ish, when I think CDNN had them for 4-bucks a piece.

I’m going to order some Lancers too, but if nothing else, more training mags.

Went powder shopping Friday and got another eight pounds of H110, so I guess I am all in on this now...

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Went powder shopping Friday and got another eight pounds of H110, so I guess I am all in on this now...
    Damn. At 20gr a pop you should be set for a while!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Damn. At 20gr a pop you should be set for a while!
    Yes, but trying to consolidate around things that are good for more than one thing. Once you mix in shotguns "a lot" can become "almost out" of powder. Here is a little table I made up, the stuff with question marks are chamberings I might (probably?...) get in the future:
    Name:  Powder MMc.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  32.1 KB

I shoot a lot of 3/4oz 20g loads for skeet and there are not a lot of listed loads for that, having International around in significant amounts, that only does one thing, bugs me

Hmmmm, since I bought that H110 maybe I should get a .410!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Anyone here have experience with the DSG Arms upper receiver groups?

They have an 8" .300 BLK that caught my attention, in no small part due to this thread.
    I haven’t bought any of their complete uppers. But everything I have purchased from them has been solid. And “their” barrels are made for them by Ballistic Advantage. I’ve used a few in builds and have been very pleased.

User Tag List