Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Midway just got in some Barnes 110's for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Midway just got in some Barnes 110's for those interested.
    At least it's available. And not unlike most other popular calibers, a significant price increase over the summer. About three months ago, I bought the same .300BLK loading for $26.99, so the above price is a 48% increase.

Madness

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    At least it's available. And not unlike most other popular calibers, a significant price increase over the summer. About three months ago, I bought the same .300BLK loading for $26.99, so the above price is a 48% increase.

Madness
    But there’s a $3 a box rebate, so maybe only a 40% increase. Painful nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    But there’s a $3 a box rebate, so maybe only a 40% increase. Painful nonetheless.
    Typical for me - - - I missed the rebate notice.

While I don't have what I'd consider a plentiful supply of 300BLK (actually, not sure what I consider that to be, compared to, say, a high-volume-shooting round like 9mm), one of the local ranges does manage to keep some range-quality 300BLK. Limits purchases to 2, 20-rd boxes, usually for about $.70/rd +/-, so not too bad. Several local shops are limiting the majority of their ammo sales to those buying a gun.

Somebody greased the damn slope and left a banana peel at the top for me to step on.

I'm building a PDW. Was going to go .223 since I just built my first AR and ramped up to load .223. But then I looked at the reloading data for the .300 and said hot damn.

Luckily I had an Aero lower laying around and managed to pick up a matching Aero upper & BCG, YHM 7.5" quad rail, 7.5" Faxon bbl (from a forum member, no less). The brace & other goodies are en-route.

No I just have to figure out a sight & ammo logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    7.5" Faxon bbl
    I have a 7.5" PSA upper and bought the twin in 223, and 7.5" is a good reason to have 300BO!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

300 BLK/AAC Available At Cabela’s Site 1345 HRS Sept 30th

I was just able to order fifteen boxes of Barnes VOR-TX 110-grain, from Cabela’s main site. Good luck, y’all.

Midway USA sent me an in-stock notice For this same load, a few days ago, but I was unable to react soon enough.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I just received an in-stock notice from Midway USA, at 0703 HRS, 07 October, regarding 300 BLK 100-grain Barnes VOR-TX.

Good luck, y’all!

(I reckoned that it might not be polite to post a direct link, as Midway USA purchases do not provide affiliate-link financial benefit to P-F.)

Edited to add: it is good to finally be able to vet enough carry mags with a specific, favored defensive load. I had originally been concentrating on buying 125-grain loads, but their availability, across several brands, severely diminished. Barnes 110-grain VOR-TX has been popping-up, several places, recently, so I have shifted attention to it.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-07-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quick Q: favorite place to buy either the lancers or gen3 .300 pmag? TIA.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    gun.deals
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List