Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W TDA Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    In case anyone's close and interested, Wichita Gun Club recently got a few of the CHP 4006TSW's in stock. Price is $425 and everyone I looked at was in good shape. If I was into .40S&W one would have went home with me.
    I'm so into 3rd gens that I got into .40S&W for the CHP 4006TSW.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm so into 3rd gens that I got into .40S&W for the CHP 4006TSW.
    I'm sure my bank account is grateful I haven't gone quite that far down that rabbit hole.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'm sure my bank account is grateful I haven't gone quite that far down that rabbit hole.
    Haha. I only have 2 at the moment and two others that have passed through my hands. I'm waiting for the right 5906 to find me and that'll probably do it for me. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Is it me, or do these pistols get a lot more love now they’re no longer made.

Even I have a greater fascination now, then when they were sitting on the new guns gun shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Haha. I only have 2 at the moment and two others that have passed through my hands. I'm waiting for the right 5906 to find me and that'll probably do it for me. Maybe.
    At this time I have a 4506 and a 4566. I need at least one more 4506, which I prefer over the 4566. I wouldn't pass on a nice 645 either and a clean 5906 would be welcomed, just for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Even I have a greater fascination now, then when they were sitting on the new guns gun shelves.
    That seems to be the way with most things.

I’ve had a few of them over the last few years, all 9’s except for one 40 and a pair of 4506’s. I like the damn things, but I really don’t shoot them particularly well. I still think the Berettas and SIGs are better examples of the old school “wondernine.” I shoot those better, and in my opinion the ergos are better. That said, I’d friggin love to see the 3913 resurrected with a poly frame and maybe a lockup system that was easier and less expensive to mass produce. Well the sucker for about 6 bills and I’d buy 3,

Quote Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
    Good looking pistol. I used to own a 745, but it got away from me. I'll be holding onto my 4586. I like your username. You out in the Arco area? I grew up outside of Rigby. Live in Caldwell now. My 4513TSW to ensure I show a photo of a TDA S&W.

I have property in the Mackay area. I also used to carry one of those issued 4586 pistols years back before the switch to G21s.

I didn't care for them when they were being made. It was a few years ago that I started to appreciate them when I purchased a 745 (2nd Gen). I then inherited my father's two (4586 & 4516) and I realized that I had not given them their due. It was then that I learned that the 3rd Gen pistols were no longer being made. I hadn't been paying attention. Like many things I didn't appreciate them until they were gone.

Site Supporter
    Did any of you ever use or shoot the CS45?

If so, how did you like the gun?

User Tag List