Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now for something completely different.. New Glock chassis

And now for something completely different.. New Glock chassis

I mentioned this was inbound in the PDW thread... and now it’s in hand. Hoping to get to the range on Sunday for some live fire.

https://www.recovertactical.com/prod...arex-cybergun/

Weight with an empty gen3 rtf2 milled for a jpoint is just under 2 lbs. Design is compatible with all the gen3 & gen4 Glock’s with a rail. Not gen5 compatible as there’s no cutout for the ambi slide release lever.

I’ve already been down the glock mag compatible PCC road with a Sub2k, a spike’s AR pistol. I’ve also shot a few of the other glock enclosures with an SBR’d G17 another acquaintance has. None of the other enclosures were entirely reliable in part due to how much of the glock they “enclosed”. The roni and kpos models both were too close around the ejection port and caused failures to eject. @GJM also mentioned issues in his experience with at least one of the two enclosures.

My use for this is likely only as a range toy and it will hopefully work out as a low cost solution to that conundrum.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Following.

I think it looks kewl!

Might just have to get one of these!

My hands are placed higher, on a Glock frame, than parts of this device. Glocks ride REALLY low in my skinny hands. So, I would have to use a modified, lower hold, with this device, so, I doubt it be be worth the trouble.

I like the idea of a brace that fastens to the accessory rail, but, not one that interferes with my normal hold.

I am actually a candidate for wanting a brace, as an orthopedic device, sooner or later, rather than a work-around for a pistol stock.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-25-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Which one for a 19?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Which one for a 19?
    It’s a G19 in my pics. I somehow managed to leave that detail out in the OP.

Any updates?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I got one of those last week. It’s pretty neat, but tough to get a good sight picture with stock sights. Operating the slide on mine is a little bit tricky too because the included charging thing blocks the SCD on the pistol I’m using with it right now from working, so I had to leave it off.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Any updates?
    Corona delayed... I’ll try to get to it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by joker581 View Post
    I got one of those last week. It’s pretty neat, but tough to get a good sight picture with stock sights. Operating the slide on mine is a little bit tricky too because the included charging thing blocks the SCD on the pistol I’m using with it right now from working, so I had to leave it off.
    I bought one and quickly sold it off.

Running it with a 34/SRO was difficult to get a sight picture. The short stock and cramped neck turned me into a stiff tactical turtle and recoil management became inefficient and unpredictable.

Running it against the timmer my first shot was quicker (braced low ready vs high compressed ready) but my splits were slower at 25yd than just a normal pistol.

Once you factor in the speed of deployment, it just becomes impractical for defensive use. If I got to deal with carrying a bag, a Rattler just makes so much more sense.

User Tag List