Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 BO or BLK reloading

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I just ordered reloading and quick trim dies for 300BLK along with an APP swaging kit, universal case feed, case collator, and some extra shell plates.
    And I just ordered the APP, mainly to swage. But the more I thought about it I can use it for sizing either 223 or 300BO with just a decap pin, serving my scheme to not expand until ready to charge.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Another range trip - the 30 Carbine 110s worked fine again in 300BO...
    Would you be willing to detail your processing steps/loading equipment/gun/magazines so I can see how close I can manage as a better starting point? I tried loading Remington 110 RNs at 1.87” and then 1.79”, with a heavy Lee FCD, and my BCM upper was bending them as they fed. I got a few to fire, but once I realized how bad some of the rounds were mangled I stopped before I gave myself a “pressure event” due to setback.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Would you be willing to detail your processing steps/loading equipment/gun/magazines so I can see how close I can manage as a better starting point? I tried loading Remington 110 RNs at 1.87” and then 1.79”, with a heavy Lee FCD, and my BCM upper was bending them as they fed. I got a few to fire, but once I realized how bad some of the rounds were mangled I stopped before I gave myself a “pressure event” due to setback.
    PSA complete upper 300 BO 7.5 inch
    Anderson lower with unknown completion kit
    SBA3 brace
    Carbine buffer and carbine spring
    Speer 110TMJ
    Loaded on Dillon 550
    Lee dies with their FCD
    Lee disc powder drop
    18 grains H110
    CCI Small Pistol Magnum primers
    1.85-1.86 length
    Ancient (VN era?) Colt style 20 round mag
    No issues, feeding, etc.

Well, we'll see if my brass order went through - I just put in for 2000 pieces of once-fired Lake City 5.56. That should keep me and my APP busy for a while.

FYI, I am using the Lyman MSR 3 die set for 300 BLK. I'm impressed. The taper crimp die adds needed neck tension for this caliber. It includes a case gauge as well.

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...rod116400.aspx
    https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-MSR-Pre.../dp/B071ZQQFXQ
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, we'll see if my brass order went through - I just put in for 2000 pieces of once-fired Lake City 5.56. That should keep me and my APP busy for a while.
    My brass is going to get here a hell of a lot sooner than my dies....just got a shipping notice. If anyone needs mil-surp brass Potomac Brass was stupid fast in handling my order.

So, I've been trolling for bullets. Obviously the TNTs are the hot ticket, but hard to get.

That said, I did come across Sinterfire's 110-grain .308 and 125-grain .308s - https://americanreloading.com/en/30-...ire-250ct.html - These are twice the price of TNTs, but if someone is shooting on an indoor range or wanting to do close-up steel work, these might be perfect.

The trouble is, the length of these. 110-grain SFs are 150-grain-length and the 125s are the same as 168gr. That said, since you can push a 150-grain BO load to supersonic speeds, you should be able to get these 110-grain SFs to a reasonable velocity, without risking pushing them past them too fast. Actually, .300BO seems about ideal for frangible practice rounds.

I may order up 250 of these to give them a try. If they work these will be my "winter" practice load, when I can only shoot indoors.

Tula primers....so a great accuracy primer...so I've read, really hard to find any left

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    125 gr. Hornady FMJ seated to mid-cannelure.
    18 gr. H110
    Tula military rifle primers
    Full length sized
    Taper crimped -0.002”

Chrono: ~1800fps from 7.5” barrel.

Good ejection, not too blasty. Good practice load.

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Tula primers....so a great accuracy primer...so I've read, really hard to find any left
    Yeah, it's a bummer but you can't get Tula primers anymore. I have enough that I didn't worry about using them for this batch of 300 BLK. I should probably use CCI-41 in the future, and reserve the Tulas for 6.5 Grendel and my Mk262 clone load.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If these bullets would work, very cheap! Would they?

https://www.surplusammo.com/products...-shipping.html

User Tag List