Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 BO or BLK reloading

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    If these bullets would work, very cheap! Would they?

https://www.surplusammo.com/products...-shipping.html
    Someone will have to try them!

So, my 5.56 brass showed up today. And I started working on a .300BLK jig. Basically, two pieces of 1x4 sandwiched together with 3/8” hole drilled in to approximately 1.4” of depth. Here, I’ll use circular saw to just rip 10 pieces of brass at once. The rounds slide out of the jig easily.

If you have a drill press a piece of 2x4 you could easily do this with a single piece in a single hole. I chose the sandwich approach, because I just have a hand drill on hand and I knew if I drilled too deep (which I did on a couple of holes) I could take up the gap by dabbing some silicone into one half of the sandwich. This let me then trim the silicone to give me pretty close to even depth. As you can see I still need to adjust them a bit more.

Name:  580150CA-6F33-44E3-83EB-767392621189.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  20.9 KB

Name:  109C4BE6-DF56-4B81-AA47-84EEB5B7FDD2.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  16.5 KB

Quick Update:

My sandwich jig sucks. It's just too inconsistent with the cuts ripping with the circular saw. Part of that is the jig and part of it is the stability of cutting.

So, I'm going to try something different for the jig. I want something very simple. I'm going to use a piece of 1.5" square aluminum tubing. Drilling a 3/8" hole on one side and having a 1/8" wall thickness will just about perfectly cut the brass down to 1.4" or so. The aluminum will be stronger and of course harder for my saw to cut into.

Then the next part is mounting it in a way to allow me to cut it consistently. For that, I think I'm going to drill perpendicular holes in the ends and bolt it to another piece of square tubing that I'll lock into my vise. That should let me rip right through without any risk of hitting the vise with the saw blade.

MidwayUSA is showing .30 cal TNTs in stock. Shipping is steep, $14 for a box of 500.

I don't have a free shipping coupon and Midway refuses to ship me gunpowder here (they claim there is a Chicago ordinance banning the sale of smokeless powder, which is absolutely untrue), so I can't bundle for free shipping.

So, yea you guys buy them all or something. I'm pissed off about the MidwayUSA gunpowder thing. I'll probably just cut them off my list of people to buy from, their prices usually suck and they have a lot of garbage on their website anyways.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Look them up on gun.deals.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Took me forever to find an active free shipping code - PM me if you want it.

In the meantime - 500 TNTs on their way to me!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    MidwayUSA is showing .30 cal TNTs in stock. Shipping is steep, $14 for a box of 500.

I don't have a free shipping coupon and Midway refuses to ship me gunpowder here (they claim there is a Chicago ordinance banning the sale of smokeless powder, which is absolutely untrue), so I can't bundle for free shipping.

So, yea you guys buy them all or something. I'm pissed off about the MidwayUSA gunpowder thing. I'll probably just cut them off my list of people to buy from, their prices usually suck and they have a lot of garbage on their website anyways.
    Try these guys for powder. email them and see if they ship to your zip. They have my business now.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/produ...istol-powders/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Behold! My non-power tool .300BO brass maker! Cuts clean and quick. Just a plain old Rigid mini-tubing cutter for copper/brass/aluminum tubing. Is it as fast a saw? No. But because I reload in the dining room, wife adjacent, I needed something quiet. I can sit on the couch and watch TV and process brass like this with nary a sound. If you insert a piece of 5.56, put the case mouth just about flush with the body of the cutter, you get 1.37-1.38” pre-sizing brass. Plenty for sizing and trimming down.

13 bucks on Amazon, you’re welcome.

Name:  BA9D2491-1430-4D85-830B-A5CD03ADFB41.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  20D9316D-F4F3-4A17-B2B5-93F6102F819D.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  52E7AF00-B086-42E0-A6ED-A93B6D621754.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  5CBA7775-4484-4FD9-9414-ABEBFD4F1EDB.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  34.7 KB

And some product pics:

Name:  FD44F226-E613-4705-AFAE-03056D546A5D.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  63.1 KB

Name:  C347F9A9-81EE-44DA-96AF-6E822566EEBA.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  45.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Buddy of mine is getting out of reloading .300 BO. He has about 10ish lbs of IMR 4198 someone could get for very cheap if they are interested. PM me for his contact.

User Tag List