Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Current State of the ZEV OZ9?

Site Supporter
    Today I read this thread for the first time and was reminded of the Herculean effort that I made to make my KelTec 9mm pistols run. The manufacturer tried also but could not succeed.

If I was really going to do this, I would follow GJM's friends and use a Glock OEM slide. Throw in an Apex extractor, HRED, and Gadget for good measure.

If there were OZ-9 Compact "Builder's Kits" that would make sense, but it would be tough to spend OZ-9C money just to put the factory slide off the side.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

If there were OZ-9 Compact "Builder's Kits" that would make sense, but it would be tough to spend OZ-9C money just to put the factory slide off the side.
    ZEV does offer a "duty series" line of slides that are less expensive. They'd be a good choice for the MBK if the reliability is there. With that said it looks like they don't make a duty slide in Gen 3 format.

I think it would be smart for ZEV to release a compact MBK and/or standardize to the compact length chassis. It would give the purchaser more flexibility with the overall length and would lessen the choice of aftermarket slides since there aren't as many places making 19L slides. It would somewhat force the purchaser to buy a ZEV 19L slide and G5 17 barrel if he wanted a full size. Or the ZEV 19XL and longer barrel for a 34 format.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    ZEV does offer a "duty series" line of slides that are less expensive. They'd be a good choice for the MBK if the reliability is there. With that said it looks like they don't make a duty slide in Gen 3 format.
    Sure they do... I recently bought one for my 19.3...

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Sure they do... I recently bought one for my 19.3...

Sorry. Was referring to the compact ZEV frame and the 19L format although that wasn't at all clear in my earlier post.

With that said, I do see a Citadel Z19 long slide that I missed earlier on the ZEV site.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Sorry. Was referring to the compact ZEV frame and the 19L format although that wasn't at all clear in my earlier post.

With that said, I do see a Citadel Z19 long slide that I missed earlier on the ZEV site.

Thanks for setting me straight.

And I wasn't reading closely enough to gather all the context so it's not all on you.

@Shadow
    @GJM

Is the ZEV close enough in width, size and shape to work with "most" Glock holsters?

@Shadow
    @GJM

Is the ZEV close enough in width, size and shape to work with "most" Glock holsters?
    I apologize for the wait, was away without internet and cell service for a bit, it was great!

I've tried my Zev in a number of holsters and perfect fit is dependent upon the manufacturer. It is "close enough" to work with most brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I apologize for the wait, was away without internet and cell service for a bit, it was great!

I've tried my Zev in a number of holsters and perfect fit is dependent upon the manufacturer. It is "close enough" to work with most brands.
    Thanks for the info.

I assume things like the Blackhawk T-Series and most Safariland duty holsters will fit. Especially those made to fit a Glock with a light since they fit the light more than the gun.

Regards to the pistols themselves; does anyone have a newer production version? I wonder if ZEV has been able to identify the broken barrel issue. I assume they have.

Gritty trigger may be just something that needs a bit of breaking in. My Shadow Systems MR920 had a gritty trigger out of the box. It is now pretty decent after some dry fire and range time.

@Shadow

Any updates for the hive?

TIA and have a good weekend.
    Name:  image000000.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  91.4 KB

Ran another 200 rounds through the Zev today. Had one failure to extract toward the end of practice. Looked everything over and came up empty on a possible cause. I'm at the 600 round mark with the new oz and that's the first failure I've had. Mags,ammo and the gun were wet at about 28*.Going to continue running it and see what happens.

User Tag List