Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Current State of the ZEV OZ9?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @Shadow

Any updates for the hive?

TIA and have a good weekend.
    Well given the long run of of issues and failures I've had with my OZ9 Zev decided to take the gun back and replace it with a new one.

The wait was quite long but I did receive a new replacement. I don't have much time on the range with it but so far no issues.

The trigger on the new one imo is no where near what it should be. After a good cleaning and a couple hundred rounds it was still gritty with several steps along it's travel. I've since swapped it out with an Overwatch Precision trigger which cleaned the feel up with smooth travel and a nice break.

Maybe I'm being to critical but when I shipped Zev my old OZ for replacement it had one of their higher end optimized match barrels in it. The replacement has the pro barrel in it. The optimized barrel has several enhancements. I know the optimized barrel in my old one was a tack driver, not enough rounds through the new one to see if it has the same potential.

I still believe Zev is on to something with their design but it needs more refinement, especially for what the OZ cost.

While I really like the concept of the OZ, particularly of the Compact, I get the feeling that I would want a level of Glock-OEM design, engineering, and integration that the Zev product, while innovative and cool, might not be able to offer.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    While I really like the concept of the OZ, particularly of the Compact, I get the feeling that I would want a level of Glock-OEM design, engineering, and integration that the Zev product, while innovative and cool, might not be able to offer.
    The Compact would be my choice of the current ZEV OZs. As I understand it, the gun can be made into a G19X by changing the grip module or can be made into a G17/G47 by changing the grip and the slide and barrel. It could also be made into a 34 by using ZEV's 19XL slide and barrel. And then all these slides could be made into G19-ish guns by putting on the short grip frame and using G19 mags. Quite a bit of versatility there. And, of course, the versatility can be ignored if you just want one configuration.

As far as integration, we'll have to wait for Shadow's comments on that. But I assume probably all the slide parts and most of the frame parts are replaceable with OEM Glock parts.

The people that I know, that were competing with the Zev, are either competing with something else, or have so many Glock OEM parts installed that it is as much a Glock as a Zev 09.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The people that I know, that were competing with the Zev, are either competing with something else, or have so many Glock OEM parts installed that it is as much a Glock as a Zev 09.
    What failures are they seeing?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

What failures are they seeing?

Reliability issues.

Reliability issues.
    Cured by changing springs or is it more than that?

Also please see Shadow's post above about the replacement extractor.

Cured by changing springs or is it more than that?

Also please see Shadow's post above about the replacement extractor.

After some changing of things, I think their solution was to put an OEM Glock upper on the Zev lower.

After some changing of things, I think their solution was to put an OEM Glock upper on the Zev lower.
    Lol nice fix. A 1911 for the Glock crowd....

[emoji16]

Lol nice fix. A 1911 for the Glock crowd....

[emoji16]

I read about a lot of Glock issues these days, everyone needs a nice drama free 1911 lol.

User Tag List