Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Current State of the ZEV OZ9?

Update on my OZ9 extraction issues.

After having numerous FTE's I replaced the extractor with a new Glock oem extractor but the issue continued. I installed an a new entire extractor assembly and still had FTE's. A call to Zev and a conversation with a very helpful rep may have fixed the issue.

The rep offered that Zev has found the OZ9 extractor is a couple of degrees off from a factory Glock. The slight angle change requires more tension on the extractor. Zev sent me a new extractor assembly which they claim has been redesigned to increase tension for more positive extraction free of charge.

Unfortunately I did not mic the original and new assembly to compare the oal and determine what was changed. However when installed the new assembly protrudes a fair amount more out of the rear of the slide requiring a little more effort to depress it to slide the back plate on.

I've only shot 50 rounds through the OZ with the new setup and so far no issues, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My understanding was that the OZ9 slide was a straight-up Gen3 design.

I put the Apex extractor and White Sound HRED in my Gen4 19s.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I researched the OZ9 before purchasing one and discovered the one I was interested in was on a recall list. I contacted ZEV online and was told that there was a approximately 300 round break in period and that most of the pistols on the list had been updated before leaving the factory. I have a good enough relationship with the owner of the local gun store that I was confident he would make it good if there were problems. I talked to him and then picked up the pistol, an RMR2, and extra 200 rounds of 9mm ball to go with what I already had.

Pistol was flawless, and the more I shot it, the better it performed. 9mm in various weights in FMJ and JHP fed and grouped nicely. The best round was 124 grain Speer Gold Dot for short barreled pistols. At 10 yards there were tight one hole groups. Positive experience so far with approximately 400 rounds and I will update.

Update:

300 rounds through my OZ9 with the new design extractor assembly and no malfunctions. Fed it 115's, 124's and 147's as well as 115 hollow points. Extraction is positive and consistent. I'm beginning to enjoy shooting this gun again.

Well another 200 rounds through the OZ9 and...my slide stop broke. On a positive note I emailed Zev yesterday and quickly got a response from the CEO. I'm told the head of customer service will contact me tomorrow. I'll post the outcome.

I truely believe my OZ has a demon inside lol.

These pistols seem closer to Open Guns than a Glock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well another 200 rounds through the OZ9 and...my slide stop broke. On a positive note I emailed Zev yesterday and quickly got a response from the CEO. I'm told the head of customer service will contact me tomorrow. I'll post the outcome.

I truely believe my OZ has a demon inside lol.
    How is the MR920 holding up? Any issues with that gun?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How is the MR920 holding up? Any issues with that gun?

I've had nothing but stellar performance and reliability from my 918, I shoot that gun often.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I've had nothing but stellar performance and reliability from my 918, I shoot that gun often.
    Oops. 918 then. I thought you'd "upgraded" to the 920.

@Shadow

Any updates for the hive?

TIA and have a good weekend.

User Tag List