Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Current State of the ZEV OZ9?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Understood. However, not a gen5 slide since the oz9 uses a gen3 guide rod, correct?
    Gen3 guide rod and non-ambi slide release.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

With Boresight Solutions offering ready-made extended grip modules for the OZ9C, I am taking another look at these pistols. A G19-length grip is not long enough to brace against the “heel bone” area of my right hand, which vexes my arthritis. It takes a G17-length grip to bridge-over that painful area.
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-26-2022 at 11:02 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Has anyone seen the Tungsten grip modules? I've heard about them, but can find no ability to purchase.

This could put me personally over the edge for a OZ9, even if I would much rather a "builder's kit" as opposed to a complete gun.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Has anyone seen the Tungsten grip modules? I've heard about them, but can find no ability to purchase.

This could put me personally over the edge for a OZ9, even if I would much rather a "builder's kit" as opposed to a complete gun.
    I received and email when they released them a month or two ago but didn’t purchase it. Ultimately they were a limited initial release and they will offer them again at a later date - according to ZEV. They are exactly 8oz heavier than the polymer version.

So how are the latest guns from the factory? More reliable? Have the extractor issues been fixed?

Site Supporter
    I’ve really wished the OZ9c was gen4 or 5 based. Well, I just picked up a OZ9c complete lower for a great deal and am going to mill the front nose section to accept a gen5 19 slide - gonna put an OEM gen5 MOS slide on it and will also likely put an Apex trigger in instead of the ZEV with everything else in the trigger converted back to OEM. Sounds counter intuitive to put all this OEM stuff back into the gun but I really love the steel subframe and the shape of the OZ9 grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So how are the latest guns from the factory? More reliable? Have the extractor issues been fixed?

Just picked up an OZ9 Combat a sponsor helped me get. I'll keep you posted once I get to the range with it, mainly got it to be my "glock" and striker fired gun. I like Berettas and 2011s and the ZEV grip angle helped.

Bumping for any updates in light of Department of Energy apparently sole sourcing the OZ9 for the security professionals.

I do see, with some interest, that ZEV is selling the OZ9 Compact frame module now. One of these should give a level of customization not previously available from a Glock operating system. Not unless we consider the ZRO Delta Modulus or The One or whatever that gun is called at the moment.

That’s good news! I was wondering when the convolution of supply and demand would encourage Zev to offer Compact lower modules for sale.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    ...supply and demand would encourage Zev to offer Compact..
    Frankly, I think ZEV should phase out the OZ9 Standard or whatever they call the 17 frame variant. Sell off existing inventories and then switch to selling the Compact frame based guns exclusively. Base all the modules and conversion slides on the 19 length frame module going forward.

User Tag List