Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Current State of the ZEV OZ9?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    So as luck would have it, on the MSP Alumni FB page this morning was a guy who chimed in about his newly broken barrel lug on his OZ9. I was amazed at the number of people who responded they had the same issue at around the 6-7,000 round mark. Back to the Shadow Systems or waiting on the PDP to get right? Maybe just Boresight solution one of my many Glocks and try that.
    How many of the barrels with broken lugs are early production? Didn't ZEV identify and make changes to the lug geometry not too long ago?

It would also be good to know if the Gen5 G19 pattern barrels have suffered from a broken block.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How many of the barrels with broken lugs are early production? Didn't ZEV identify and make changes to the lug geometry not too long ago?

It would also be good to know if the Gen5 G19 pattern barrels have suffered from a broken block.

The most recent problem I saw was a gun they got 4 months ago. Another problem I see is reports of waiting months for a replacement barrel. That, if true, is totally unacceptable.

As far as Gen 5 19 I only have one. No barrel problems but have only about 8,000 rds through it. My Q5 has been getting all the love this summer

Life was sure a lot easier (and cheaper) when I was just a tactical timmie and didn't own a timer and only cared about "combat" accuracy.

Site Supporter
    So as luck would have it, on the MSP Alumni FB page this morning was a guy who chimed in about his newly broken barrel lug on his OZ9. I was amazed at the number of people who responded they had the same issue at around the 6-7,000 round mark. Back to the Shadow Systems or waiting on the PDP to get right? Maybe just Boresight solution one of my many Glocks and try that.
    That’s the way I’d go if you’re considering.

$1800 MSRP gun
    VS
    $550 gun plus $300-400 in custom services still is almost half the cost.

You could do it twice.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    That’s the way I’d go if you’re considering.

$1800 MSRP gun
    VS
    $550 gun plus $300-400 in custom services still is almost half the cost.

You could do it twice.
    Or buy the Shadow Systems with its improved backstrap system and built-in beavertail for $800.

The most recent problem I saw was a gun they got 4 months ago. Another problem I see is reports of waiting months for a replacement barrel. That, if true, is totally unacceptable.

As far as Gen 5 19 I only have one. No barrel problems but have only about 8,000 rds through it. My Q5 has been getting all the love this summer
    As I understand it, the OZ9 is a Gen1-4 pattern. The OZ9C is Gen5 and built on the G19 cam. Being 19 pattern it can be made into a 19 or 17 by changing the slide, barrel and grip module.

Anyone seen reports of broken 19 lugs?

A brand new review:

Site Supporter
    As I understand it, the OZ9 is a Gen1-4 pattern. The OZ9C is Gen5 and built on the G19 cam. Being 19 pattern it can be made into a 19 or 17 by changing the slide, barrel and grip module.

Anyone seen reports of broken 19 lugs?

I was thinking the OZ9c is a gen3 pattern? Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I was thinking the OZ9c is a gen3 pattern? Can anyone confirm?
    The Gen1-4 Glocks had different locking blocks between the G19 and G17. The Gen5 guns share a common locking block.

So the OZ9C is Gen 3 but with modularity in that it can be turned into a G17 length with a 17 length Gen5 pattern barrel.

At least I think that's how it all works...

Site Supporter
    The Gen1-4 Glocks had different locking blocks between the G19 and G17. The Gen5 guns share a common locking block.

So the OZ9C is Gen 3 but with modularity in that it can be turned into a G17 length with a 17 length Gen5 pattern barrel.

At least I think that's how it all works...

Understood. However, not a gen5 slide since the oz9 uses a gen3 guide rod, correct?

User Tag List